Before we begin, we need to say that our intention is not to hurt anyone’s religious feelings, I am a religious Hindu myself, this is just a comic comparison between the legendary Mahabharat characters with the gimmicks of WWE superstars.
1. Lord Krishna – John Cena – We do not want to compare anyone with Lord Krishna, because no one can be compared to God. We are just bringing out the similarities between John Cena’s gimmick and Lord Krishna. Unlike Lord Krishna, John Cena always stands for what is right. The authority tried to manipulate him over and over, but he never left the path of the truth. Just like Lord Krishna whom Dhritarashtra and Duryodhan attempted to get by his side so many times but he never joined them.
2. Dhritarashtra – Vince McMahon – If you compare WWE superstars with the Mahabharata characters, The Authority have to be the Kauravas and Vince McMahon is a father figure to the authority so the comparison is obvious here.
3. Duryodhana – Triple H – Triple H might not be the son Vince McMahon but son-in-law. In Mahabharata, Duryodhana was the spoilt son of Dhritarashtra. He did everything to keep the empire of Kuru under his control, so as Triple H does to keep things under his control.
4. Bhishma – Hulk Hogan – ‘Pitamaha’ Bhishma who could see what was right, but he had to stand for Duryodhan because of the oath he took. Hulk Hogan also knows what is right, but he does not turn his back to the authority because he was served really well by them in his wrestling career.
5. Dronacharya – Ric Flair – Dronacharya was the guru AKA teacher of both Pandavas and Kauravas. He always preferred the Pandavas rather than the Kauravas, but situation forced him to stand for the Kauravas at the end. Not much similarities with Ric Flair, but Flair’s past relationship with Triple H who has been compared to Duryodhana before might not be Guru – Sishya relationship but same. He still stands for the Authority’s side, however, it seems he is not willing to.
6. Karna – Shawn Michaels – Karna was actually elder brother of the Pandavas, but he did not know this fact. Karna was the best friend of Duryodhana, he could see what was right and what was wrong, but friendship was more important to him, he never backstabbed Duryodhana. Similarly, Shawn Michaels is the best friend of Triple H, Michaels could see what is right and what is wrong, but he cannot think beyond his friendship. Later, we have compared to the other babyface main eventers with the Pandavas, Karna was the elder brother of the Pandavas. HBK might not be an elder brother to anyone but was the teacher of Daniel Bryan and situation forced him to go against him.
7. Dushasana – Seth Rollins – Dushasana was the younger brother of Duryodhana, he always did what Duryodhana wanted him to do. He did not know what was right and what was wrong, the only thing he knew was to obey the orders of his brother. Seth Rollins does the same when he does everything according to the orders of Triple H.
8. Ashwatthama – Kane – Ashwatthama was an old friend of Duryodhana who did not want to see what was right or wrong. Similarly, Kane was old pal of Triple H who stands by his side and helps him in every circumstances.
9. Jarasandha – The Big Show – Jarasandha was the king of Magadha. He was very strong and needed a special technique to be killed. He never stood for the Kauravas officially but allied with them for a purpose. Jarasandha was involved in a massive fight with Bheema and was killed at end. Big Show was also very strong, he stands for the authority for a purpose. His feud with Roman Reigns who is compared to Bheema in this article reminds us of Jarasandha.
10. Yudhishtira – Daniel Bryan – Daniel Bryan was the main opponent for the authority after John Cena, the fans want him to get the crown, the WWE World Heavyweight championship more than anyone, so it is all about Daniel Bryan sometimes. Yudhishtira on the other hand is the eldest Pandava who was the contender of Duryodhan for the crown of Hastinapur (Later, Indraprastha too).
11. Bheema – Roman Reigns – Bheema was arguably the strongest character of Mahabharata, and he was against the Kauravas. Roman Reigns might not have been presented as the strongest WWE superstar, Brock Lesnar is, but Lesnar could not be compared to Bheema because he has no special issues with the Authority. So it has to be Roman Reigns.
12. Arjuna – Dolph Ziggler – We were confused whether we should compare Dolph Ziggler with Arjuna or Daniel Bryan. But since Bryan is the contender of the world title more than Ziggler is, and keeping in mind how Ziggler single handedly ended the reign of the authority at Survivor Series there is no doubt about this comparison. Ziggler is one of the most famous WWE superstars just like Arjuna was one of the main heroes of Mahabharata.
13. Draupadi – AJ Lee – Not enough similarities between the two, but we had to compare Draupadi with someone since she was the leading female character of Mahabharata. However, AJ Lee retired from WWE but as long as she was there, she was the main diva among all. She had relationships with both Daniel bryan and Dolph Ziggler, Draupadi was the wife of the five Pandavas.
14. Gandhari – Linda McMahon – Gandhari was the wife of Dhritarashtra and the mother of the Kauravas. She covered her eyes because as her husband was blind and could not see anything, she did not want to see anything either. Linda McMahon was the wife of Vince McMahon who was compared to Dhritarashtra earlier. She also was a mother to the authority by that sense.
15. Ghatokacha – Ryback – Ghatotkacha was the son of Bheema and the ‘Rakshashi’ Hidimba. He was very strong and large, and during the war Kurukshetra, he stood by the side of the Pandavas. He was later killed by Karna. Ryback’s gimmick was also very strong. He could beat almost everyone in a fair one on one competition. He did not stand for the authority and decided to stand against them.
16. Yuyutsu – Randy Orton – It is a very interesting comparison. For those who are not familiar with the name of Yuyutsu, here is his story; Yuyutsu was the 101st Kaurava. But Gandhari did not bourn him. He was the son of Dhritarashtra and Gandhari’s maid Sukhada. When the Kauravas and Pandavas fought in the war of Kurukshetra, he left the side of the Kauravas and stood for the Pandavas. Now here is the point of this comparison, just like Yuyutsu was a part of the Kauravas, Randy Orton was a member of the Authority at the beginning as well. But later, he was backstabbed by the authority and now he stand against them. A small similarity, still it works.
17. Abhimanyu – Neville – Neville is a new WWE superstar who got a breakthrough to the main roster from the NXT. Since he is wrestling as a babyface and his high flying abilities are impressing the fans, he can only be compared to Abhimanyu; the son of Arjuna and Suvadra who was the sister of Lord Krishna.
18. Shakuni – Paul Heyman – Last but not the least, when you talk about the Shakuni of WWE, the only picture comes in mind is Paul Heyman’s. Shakuni was the reason behind all the fight between Kauravas and Pandavas, he was the mastermind of World’s first nuclear war. He was very manipulative, he was not strong by his arms but he was most clever character of the Mahabharata after Lord Krishna. In WWE, Paul Heyman can actually be presented as a mastermind, he is manipulative, unlike Shakuni, he was not strong by arms but really clever. So, Paul Heyman is undoubtedly the best comparison in WWE for Shakuni.