WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross recently wrote a blog on his website jrsbarbq.com where he talked about Mr. McMahon’s return, Bray Wyatt, Rusev and more. You can check what he wrote here in sportzwiki as well;
– With no John Cena on RAW, WWE rolled out Mr. McMahon which was a nice surprise. McMahon raised the stakes on the main event at Survivor Series inasmuch if the Authority’s team doesn’t win then they are no longer “in power.” I think that the authority figure persona has run it’s course, by and large, even though I have enjoyed the work of HHH and Stephanie the past several weeks. It just seems as if it is the same presentation over and over again. On a recent Ross Report Podcast in one of my opening monologs I suggested that one way to freshen up the current Authority figure personas was to have friction between HHH and his wife which could take on various incarnations and involve others.
– Ambrose is the new “it” guy with Roman Reigns on the mend and it may be challenging for Reigns to unseat Ambrose upon his return. Notice I said challenging and not likely. Reigns still seems as if he’s the chosen one for WM31 but Ambrose is making a name for himself while the opportunity is there. Hopefully, Reigns, for his own sake, is doing a great deal of study and mental preparation for his return because if Roman returns unchanged then he has wasted an amazing opportunity to make himself better via DVD study, etc while off the road.
– Something tells me that the re-start of the Bray Wyatt promotion might make Wyatt more heelish than before he went on a strangely timed sabbatical. I still like Wyatt as a character face but if he can be made a heel then more power to him as WWE is in need of top level main eventers of all types.
– Would love to hear the logic of beating Sheamus, via count out by Tyson Kidd, on RAW before the Irishman lost the US Title to Rusev later in the night on the WWE Network. Just as I mentioned on my podcast several weeks ago Rusev will make a good US Champion and Sheamus now has the ammo to turn villian.
– It’s interesting as to why WWE apparently feels Rusev should be booed….apparently only because he’s Russian. The powerhouse rarely cheats, is a patriot to his native land, is a beast, isn’t a coward, and has not lost via pin or submission. What is there among those items that I am supposed to dislike? The nationalistic storylines can still work but the ‘foreigner’ still has to have heel tendencies and nuances.
Rusev should not lose until WM31 at the earliest and if he makes it to Summer Slam ‘clean’, it would mean so much more when someone finally knocks him off.