On Tuesday (18th August) evening, Barbados Tridents and St Kitts & Nevis Patriots met in the second game of the CPL 2020. The defending champions Barbados Tridents won their first game of the tournament by six runs.
After losing the toss, Barbados Tridents scored 153/9 (20 overs) in the first innings. In reply, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots managed to score 147/5 (20 overs).
Brief Scores: Barbados Tridents –153/9 in 20 overs (Jason Holder 38, Kyle Mayers 37; Sheldon Cottrell 2/16)
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots – 147/5 in 20 overs (Joshua Da Silva 41*, Ben Dunk 34; Mitchell Santner 2/18)
Result – Barbados Tridents won by six runs
CPL 2020, Match 2: Barbados Tridents Vs St Kitts & Nevis Patriots – Statistical Highlights
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
i) In the second innings, St Kitts & Nevis Patriots scored 147/5 (20 overs).
- It was the second-lowest completed T20 total for St Kitts & Nevis Patriots against Barbados Tridents. Their lowest completed T20 total in this list was 143/8 (20 overs) at Bridgetown on 27th June 2015.
i) New Zealand left-arm spinner Mitchell Santner had the bowling figures of 4-1-18-2. His first over in this tournament (3rd over of the second innings) was a maiden over.
- Santner is the first bowler in the CPL 2020 to bowl a maiden over.
St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
i) It was the 77th CPL match for Denesh Ramdin.
- Denesh Ramdin is now the most capped player in CPL history. He surpassed Chris Gayle, who has played 76 CPL matches.
- Rayad Emrit now becomes the joint most capped player in CPL history along with Chris Gayle.
ii) Skipper Emrit had the bowling figures of 4-0-16-2.
- Emrit completed his 150 wickets in T20 career as he has now taken 151 T20 wickets.
i) Pakistan cricketer Sohail Tanvir completed 500 runs in CPL career. He has scored 514 runs and also taken 65 wickets in CPL career.
- Tanvir is the first overseas player to score 500 runs and also take 50 wickets in CPL career.
- Tanvir is the fourth cricketer in CPL history to score 500 runs and also take 50 wickets. In the CPL history, the Caribbean cricketers Andre Russell, Dwayne Bravo and Sunil Narine achieved this feat before Tanvir’s addition.
i) West Indies cricketer Alzarri Joseph had the bowling figures of 4-0-48-1.
- It was the second most expensive bowling figures for a St Kitts & Nevis Patriots bowler against Barbados Tridents. Their most expensive bowling figures against Tridents were 4-0-57-0 by Ben Cutting at Basseterre on 4th September 2018.
i) Caribbean cricketer Sheldon Cottrell has taken 21 catches for St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
- It is the most catches for a St Kitts & Nevis Patriots cricketer. He surpassed Carlos Brathwaite who took 20 catches for this team.