It seems as if India has become too much consistent in providing poor performances. They were outplayed by England in all the sessions of the third test and the fourth test is continuing the same way. They were almost nailed to defeat by England. There were some hopeless display of batting by India on the field and there were some brilliant bowling performances. India’s batting line up at present seems to be of no reliability and worth. Also, their bowling were unable to utilize the fullest from the pitch and gave away too many runs. But leaving behind India’s poor performances, England performed really well to fully dominate over India. Here is the list of the HITS and FLOPS.
FLOPS of The Day
- Murali Vijay: He disappointed with his performances throughout the test and the second innings was no exception to it. He was the first batsman to be dismissed today for India. Initially, he was looking well at the crease but he was troubled at times and finally, when he was at the score of 18 runs, he was dismissed by Woakes.
- Virat Kohli: For the 8th consecutive time, Virat Kohli disappointed with his terribly poor performance on the field. He was dismissed at a score of 7 runs on today. He seems to be struggling badly in English conditions and is lacking his form completely. Might be he has got deviated from his cricketing focus by several issues off the field.
- Cheteshwar Pujara: It is known that doing a mistake is never a mistake but repeating a mistake is a crime and that crime is committed by Pujara. Yet again, after getting a good start, he simply gave away his wicket. He was dismissed LBW by Moeen Ali at a score of 17 runs.
- Ajinkya Rahane: He was the second most consistent batsman for India in this tour until the third test. In the fourth test, he performed very badly and did not manage to score significant amount of runs in both the innings. He was dismissed for 1 by Moeen Ali.
- Gautam Gambhir: He was included in the squad in place of Shikhar Dhawan and he disappointed with the responsibilities vested upon him. He failed in the first innings and today he was dismissed by playing a complete unnecessary shot. He was dismissed for 18 runs.
HITS of The Day
- Moeen Ali: This man brought England victory in the third test of the Investec series by his incredible bowling performances and today for yet another time, he broke the backbone of the Indian batting. He took crucial wickets in the very initial overs to bring England edge closer to victory. He took 4 wickets today off his 13 overs.
- James Anderson: He once again showed his sheer consistency. He was deadly with his swingers and kept every Indian batsman under tremendous pressure. He took 2 wickets today in the 9 overs he bowled.
- Chris Woakes: He had some responsibilities today. As Broad got injured while batting, Woakes had to fulfil the role of Broad by opening the bowling with Anderson and he did his job pretty well. He managed to keep the batsmen under trouble and got a wicket too.
- Jos Buttler: He batted brilliantly today and provided England with the mammoth lead which they were hoping to get. He scored a valiant knock of 70 runs and in the field too, he was majestic. He took 2 catches and was involved in running a batsman out.
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
Joe Root Wants To Return To England T20I Squad Soon
English Test captain Joe Root has recently missed out the T20I squad for the upcoming away series against the hosts…
Watch: MS Dhoni Leaves The Ranchi Ground, Fans Go Crazy
India won the last Test match against Proteas in Ranchi ground. Yes, in Ranchi ground and whenever we hear this…