India continued the battle with England in the 5th day of the 1st test of 5 test match series in England at the Trent Bridge, Nottingham. India started the day with a lead of 128 runs. India declared at 391/9 and the match ended in a draw. The match went like a thrill ride continued from day 4 of the first Test to the 5th day. There were some extraordinary and also some disillusioning exhibitions for both the teams. To sum it up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the Match.
Hits of the Innings
1. Stuart Binny (India) – Stuart Binny scored the highest runs for India and made sure that India doesn’t lose this test match. He came to bat when India was struggling when they lost some important wickets and was crumbling down. He scored the very important 78 runs.
2. Bhuvneshwar Kumar (India) – Bhuvneshwar Kumar performed very well in this entire Match. Not only with his bowling but with his batting also. He scored another half century and that too in the important time when India needed it the most.
3. Stuart Broad (England) – Stuart Broad bowled well and picked up another two wickets for England. His wicket pressurized India very much.
4. Moeen Ali (England) – He took the very important wicket of Stuart Binny and prevented Binny and Kumar from getting another huge partnership runs.
Flops of the Innings
1. Virat Kohli (India) – Virat Kohli was once again a disappointment for India. He failed consecutively two times and brought no significant runs. It looks like Virat needs some inspiration and practice.
2. MS Dhoni (India) – We expected some good innings from MS Dhoni but this wasn’t the case and failed to show his batting prowess.
3. Ajinkya Rahane (India) – Ajinkya Rahane too struggled with the bat and didn’t produce good results.
4. Ben Stokes (England) – Ben Stokes too was unable to pick any wickets. India took the advantage to scored runs.