IPL 2019, Match 21: Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Stats Preview
On Sunday (7th April) night, Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will face each other at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur. While both teams playing their fifth match in IPL 2019, RR will play their third home match in this season, and KKR will play their third away match in the season 12. We’re here with the detailed stats preview for the game.
After losing their first three matches of this season, Royals have secured their first-ever victory of this season in their last match against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). Meanwhile, the in-form KKR has won three matches and lost one match in this season.
Teams’ forms in IPL 2019
RR (oldest to latest) – Lost, Lost, Lost and Won
KKR (oldest to latest) – Won, Won, Lost (in the one-over eliminator) and Won
Teams’ performances in different stages of a match
|Different stages of a match (Overs)||RR||KKR|
|Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match||Run-rate||Average wicket (s) fall in a match|
|Middle overs (7-15)||8.05||1.50||8.83||2.00|
|Death overs (16-20)||10.58||3.00||14.81||1.75|
|Top run-scorer||Sanju Samson (140 runs)||Andre Russell (207 runs)|
|Top wicket-taker||Shreyas Gopal (6 wickets)||Andre Russell (5 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between RR and KKR
|Stats||Matches||RR won||KKR won||Tied/No Result|
|At Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur)||5||3||2||0/0|
|In the last 10 matches||10||5||5||0/0|
[Important Note: Their two matches went to the Super Over, and RR won both those matches (both were outside India)]
- In their last three meetings, KKR won all those matches. Last time RR beat KKR on 16th May 2015 at Brabourne Stadium (Mumbai).
Important stats between RR and KKR
|Stats||RR (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RR)|
|Highest total||199/6 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||190/9 (20 overs) at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015|
|Lowest completed total||81 (15.2 overs) at Kolkata on 17th April 2011||125 (19 overs) at Jaipur on 8th April 2013|
|Largest victory (by runs)||45 runs at Jaipur on 1st May 2008||25 runs at Kolkata on 23rd May 2018|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||6 wickets at Kolkata on 20th May 2008||9 wickets at Jaipur on 15th April 2011|
|Stats||RR (vs KKR)||KKR (vs RR)|
|Highest individual score||104* by Shane Watson at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||80* by Jacques Kallis at Jaipur on 15th April 2011|
|Best bowling figures||4/23 by Chris Morris at Mumbai (Brabourne Stadium) on 16th May 2015||4/20 by Kuldeep Yadav at Kolkata on 15th May 2018|
|Most runs scored||304 runs by Shane Watson||255 runs by Gautam Gambhir|
|Most wickets||9 wickets by Siddarth Trivedi||9 wickets by Shakib Al Hasan|
Other important stats
- Jaydev Unadkat (148 wickets) is two wickets away to complete the milestone of 150 wickets in T20 cricket.
- Ajinkya Rahane (47 sixes) needs to hit three more sixes to complete his 50 IPL sixes for RR. He will be the fourth RR batsman to hit 50 or more IPL sixes. Shane Watson (109 sixes), Yusuf Pathan (61 sixes) and Sanju Samson (54 sixes) were the first three RR cricketers to hit 50-plus IPL sixes.
- Pacer Andre Russell (48 wickets) needs to take two more wickets to complete his 50 IPL wickets for KKR. Only Sunil Narine (113 wickets) and Piyush Chawla (59 wickets) have taken 50+ IPL wickets for KKR.
- Chris Lynn (949 runs) needs to score 51 more runs to complete his 1,000 T20 runs for KKR. He will be the ninth batsman to score 1,000 or more T20 runs for this franchise.
Aakash Chopra Picks Current Fab Four; Steven Smith, Joe Root Miss Out
The gentleman’s game has seen a plethora of cricketers coming through the ranks to play at the highest level. However, only very few cricketers have been consistent across formats. There has been a common perception in the modern era that the fab four is Virat…
New Zealand’s Tactic Against Jasprit Bumrah Will be Adopted by Other Teams: Shane Bond
New Zealand and India will lock horns with each other for a rivetting two-match Test series and the first of which is scheduled to be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington on February 21 (Friday). The big outfield in Wellington which makes it quite easier…