On Saturday (3rd October) afternoon, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) will face each other in the 15th match of the IPL 2020 at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
It will be the fourth match for both these teams in the IPL 2020. After their first three matches of this season, both have earned four points each due to their two victories and one defeat. Moreover, in their last match, Royal Challengers Bangalore claimed a Super Over victory against the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI).
After the 14th match of the IPL 2020, while Rajasthan Royals are standing in the fifth position in the points table, Royal Challengers Bangalore are standing in the sixth spot in the points table.
Let’s look at some crucial stats preview before the upcoming 15th match of the IPL 2020 between RCB and RR
Teams’ forms in IPL 2020
RCB (oldest to latest) – Won, Lost and Won (Super Over)
RR (oldest to latest) – Won, Won and Lost
|Top run-scorers||AB de Villiers (134 runs)||Sanju Samson (167 runs)|
|Devdutt Padikkal (111 runs)||Steven Smith (122 runs)|
|Aaron Finch (101 runs)||Rahul Tewatia (77 runs)|
|Top wicket-takers||Yuzvendra Chahal (5 wickets)||Rahul Tewatia (4 wickets)|
|Shivam Dube (4 wickets)||Jofra Archer (3 wickets)|
|Isuru Udana (2 wickets)||Tom Curran (3 wickets)|
Head-to-head records between RCB vs RR
|Stats||Matches||RCB Won||RR Won||Tied||No Result|
|In last 5 matches||5||2||3||0||0|
|In IPL 2019||2||0||1||0||1|
- Streaks running: In their last three full contests, Rajasthan Royals won all the matches. Last time, Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Rajasthan Royals during the Eliminator of IPL 2015 (20th May 2015) at Pune where they won by 71 runs.
Records of RCB and RR in UAE
|Team||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied (W/L)||No Result|
Important stats between RCB vs RR
|Stats||RCB (vs RR)||RR (vs RCB)|
|Highest total||200/7 (20 overs) at Bengaluru on 29th April 2015||217/4 (20 overs) at Bengaluru on 15th April 2018|
|Lowest completed total||70 (15 overs) at Abu Dhabi on 26th April 2014||58 (15.1 overs) at Cape Town on 18th April 2009|
|Largest victory (by runs)||75 runs at Cape Town on 18th April 2009||65 runs at Jaipur on 17th May 2008|
|Largest victory (by wickets)||10 wickets at Bengaluru on 18th March 2010||7 wickets for thrice|
(Top players’ stats)
|Stats||RCB (vs RR)||RR (vs RCB)|
|Highest individual score||83 by Yuvraj Singh at Bengaluru on 11th May 2014||103* by Ajinkya Rahane at Bengaluru on 15th April 2012|
|Best bowling figures||5/5 by Anil Kumble at Cape Town on 18th April 2009||4/16 by Shreyas Gopal at Jaipur on 19th May 2018|
|Most runs scored||417 runs by AB de Villiers||347 runs by Ajinkya Rahane|
|Most wickets||11 wickets by Yuzvendra Chahal||12 wickets by Shreyas Gopal|
Other important stats
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Virat Kohli (8918 runs) is 82 runs away to complete his 9000 T20 runs. He will be the first Indian and seventh overall cricketer to score 9000 T20 runs.
- Dale Steyn (97 wickets) is three wickets behind to complete his 100 IPL wickets. Steyn will be the fourth overseas bowler to claim 100 IPL wickets.
Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Robin Uthappa has scored 4427 runs in IPL career. With 73 more runs, Uthappa will become the eighth batsman to score 4500 IPL runs.
- The left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat (22 wickets) requires one more wicket to surpass Sohail Tanvir (22 wickets) and become the second most IPL wicket-taker as a left-arm bowler for Rajasthan Royals. The left-arm Australian pacer James Faulkner is leading this table with 47 IPL wickets for Rajasthan Royals.
- Shreyas Gopal (32 wickets) is four more wickets away to put behind their former leg-spinner Pravin Tambe (35 wickets) and become the second most wicket-taker as a spinner for Rajasthan Royals. Only their former Aussie leg-spinner Shane Warne is ahead of them in this list with 58 T20 wickets for this team.