Want to be a professional cricketer?
Hull City and Southampton are separated by 2 places in the League table yet the difference in points between the two is 9. 11th placed Hull City will look to continue their form following the win over Sunderland on Saturday whilst Southampton look to get back on track after a 2-2 draw against Stoke City at St.Mary’s.
Hull come into this game with minimum injury concerns. With a very successful winter transfer window, Steve Bruce will hope that his new striker partnership will continue their form for the rest of the season. Bruce spoke about the importance of 10 wins and as of now he is 3 short of that target.
Probable Starting 11 : Harper ; Elmohamady – McShane – Davies – Bruce – Figueroa ; Livermore – Huddlestone – Meyler ; Long – Jelavic.
The Saints had a disappointing weekend where they dropped 2 points to a resilient Stoke side at home. Looking to put that behind and finish as higher up the table as possible, Mauricio Pocchetino’s men will look to continue scoring and put the game past a rejuvenated Hull attack. Kenyan Midfielder Victor Wanyama may return to the starting line-up as this game comes a bit early for Dejan Lovren and Gaston Ramirez to recover from their injuries.
Probable Starting 11 : Boruc ; Clyne – Fonte – Yoshida – Shaw ; Wanyama – Schneiderlin ; Lallana – Davies – Rodriguez ; Lambert.
Big match stats:
- Hull City have won just one of their last five Barclays Premier League home matches (W1 D2 L2).
- Southampton have not won back to back away games in the Barclays Premier League since September 2001 (103 matches).
- Southampton have won seven and lost just one of the last 11 league meetings with Hull City (D3).
- The Saints have won three and lost just one of their last five league trips to Hull City (D1).
- Jay Rodriguez has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League appearances away from home.
- Shane Long has scored in back-to-back Premier League appearances for the seventh time in his career, but he is yet to score in three successive appearances in the competition..
- Only one English player (Daniel Sturridge – 26) has scored more Premier League goals than Rickie Lambert (23) since the start of 2012-13.
- Lambert has also assisted 12 goals in this period, meaning that the only English player to have had a hand in more goals than the Southampton striker (35) since the start of 2012-13 is Wayne Rooney (40)
- Nikica Jelavic scored in his last appearance – his only goal in his last 22 Premier League matches. He last netted in back to back PL apps in October 2012.
Stats provided by Opta Stats and www.dailymail.co.uk