Germany launches probe after cancelled football match
Berlin, Nov 20 (IANS) The German federal prosecutor’s office has launched a probe after the football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled in Hanover due to a terror alarm, the media reported.
The investigation surrounded the suspicion of a terrorist organisation being formed, Xinhua quoted a spokesman for the office as saying on Thursday. According to the media report, there was evidence of detailed plans for terrorist attacks at the international football match in Hanover.
The report said five terrorists had placed explosives in the stadium and targeted a train station in Hanover.
According to the report, the warnings were based on information from a foreign intelligence service, which said bombs would be detonated in the stadium during the game.
The football match between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled by German authorities on Tuesday shortly before kick-off due to safety reasons. However, no suspects have been arrested so far and no explosives were found.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||16||13||69|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||16||7||43|
IPL Brand Value Rises To INR 47,500 And Teams Also Get Hike In Worth
Indian Premier League (IPL) is the most popular league in the world as it can be seen through the growth…
‘His Times Is up’ – Sunil Gavaskar Gives His Verdict On MS Dhoni’s T20 Career
Indian legend Sunil Gavaskar has had his say on MS Dhoni’s T20 future and as per him, Dhoni’s time is…