Arsenal will go in to the game hoping to secure their fourth straight league win. Arsenal did suffer a blip in Champions League, losing 3-1 at home to Monaco. Thankfully though, it has not affected Arsenal’s league form as they came out a 2-0 winner against Everton last time around.
2015 has seen only Liverpool take more points in the Premier League than Arsenal. Arsene Wenger looks set to finish in the top 4 of the league as his side are now only 4 points shy of 2nd placed side Manchester City.
Arsenal will be sweating on the fitness of Francis Coqualin, who broke his nose in the game against Everton and will go through a late fitness test. Aaron Ramsey is close to making his return to the side. If Coquelin is not fit, Wenger will be tempted to play the Ramsey alongside Santi Cazorla.
Danny Welbeck could see himself in the line-up, once again occupying a wide role in the team. Up front Olivier Giroud is expected to get the nod considering his fine second half performance against Everton. Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil will be the key men to build and carry Arsenal’s attacks on the night.
Arsenal’s predicted line-up to face QPR
The hosts, Queens Park Rangers have an uphill battle to fight against relegation to worry about. Injuries have crippled them fielding their best squad for last few weeks. Backup could be on the way as Sandro, Isla and Onuoha are close to make their returns in the first team.
Chris Ramsey would pray for Sandro’s fitness as the Brazilian gives the QPR midfield some solidity. Upfront two Englishmen Zamroa and Austin who will carry the goal threat for the home side.
QPR’s predicted line-up to face Arsenal
- Arsenal have won their last three Premier League games against QPR and lost just one of the last seven (W5, D1, L1).
- However, the Gunners have only won one of their last seven league matches away to Rangers (D4, L2).
- They have netted just 13 goals in 13 Premier League games against QPR.
Queens Park Rangers
- Rangers are winless in their last nine Premier League London derbies (D3, L6).
- They have lost five of their last six league games, and have claimed just one win in nine matches since Christmas Day.
- Matt Phillips has registered three assists in his last two games – having managed just two in his previous 32 league appearances.
- The Gunners have won six of their last seven Premier League games, and are chasing a fourth consecutive top-flight win.
- They are hoping to record back-to-back Premier League away wins for the first time this season. Their first five away victories were followed by defeat in their next game on the road.
- Olivier Giroud has scored seven goals in his last nine top–flight starts.
- Mesut Ozil has assisted five goals in 12 Premier League appearances this season.
Stats Credits: Opta
Image Credits: linebuilder.com
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.