North London Derby: 15 interesting stats to know ahead of the Arsenal vs Spurs clash
North London arch rivals Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur will renew their hostilities at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon as both the teams looking to maintain their consistant Premier League form.
While the Gunners have a five-match winning streak, the Spurs are yet to be beaten after the first day of the Premier League season, Today’s North London derby has all the ingredients to reproduce something very special and entertaining.
Apart from the demoralising defeats in Champions League aside, things are going good for the Gunners. Wenger’s squad now are level with Manchester City at the top of the Premier League, winning their last five matches by a stunning aggregate score 16-3. It’s clear, momentum is now on Gunner’s side in the domestic battle but whether they can continue their title bid this term remains to be seen.
Here are 15 amazing stats from the much anticipated clash:
- They have won their last five Premier League games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just three.
- It is their best run of form since an eight-match winning streak between February and April.
- Their tally of eight goals conceded is the joint lowest in the Premier League.
- Petr Cech needs is one short of equalling David James’ record of 169 Premier League clean sheets (awarded only in games where goalkeepers played the full 90 minutes).
- Four of Olivier Giroud’s six Premier League goals this term have been assisted by Mesut Ozil, including the last three.
- Victory would give Tottenham back-to-back Premier League away wins for the first time since December 2014.
- Pochettino could become only the second Spurs manager to win more than one Premier League match against Arsene Wenger (Harry Redknapp recorded three victories).
- Arsenal have won 13 and lost just two of their last 18 Barclays Premier League games at the Emirates, conceding just nine goals in that run.
- Spurs have won just one of their last 22 Premier League trips to their north London rivals (W1 D8 L13).
- The Gunners have scored 199 and conceded 97 goals in Premier League London derbies on home soil. They also have earned 399 points from all London derbies.
- Spurs are on the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League, having not lost a game in the competition since the opening day (10 games – W5 D5 L0).
- Spurs have lost two of their last 10 Premier League away games (W4, D4).
- They are the only Premier League team unbeaten since the opening weekend (W5, D5).
- Harry Kane has scored 21 goals in the Premier League in 2015 – three more than any other player prior to the latest round of matches.
- Kane has five goals in his last five league appearances after two in the previous 14.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||7||6||30|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Replacing Injured Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne Creates History Becoming First Concussion Substitute
After facing a nasty blow on the day four of the ongoing Lord’s Test, Australian cricketer Steven Smith became the…
Pro Kabaddi League7 : Haryana Steelers v Telugu Titans
HEAD-TO-HEAD (OVERALL) Overall: Matches – 3 | Haryana Steelers – 1 | Telugu Titans – 2 | Tie – 0…