On Wednesday (24th April) night, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) claimed their third consecutive victory after beating Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) by 17 runs at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). To talk about the RCB vs KXIP statistical highlights, we bring you a lot in the numbers game.
After the visiting side decided to field first, RCB managed to score 202 for four in 20 overs. In reply, the visiting team scored only 185 for seven in 20 overs.
Brief Scores: RCB – 202/4 in 20 overs (AB de Villiers 82*, Marcus Stoinis 46*; Ravichandran Ashwin 1/15)
KXIP – 185/7 in 20 overs (Nicholas Pooran 46, KL Rahul 42; Umesh Yadav 3/36)
The result – RCB won by 17 runs
Here are some of RCV vs KXIP statistical highlights of the match:
i) RCB scored 202/4 in 20 overs.
- It is the fifth highest total for RCB against KXIP.
|226/3 (20)||Bengaluru||6th May 2015|
|211/3 (15)||Bengaluru||18th May 2016|
|205/6 (20)||Bengaluru||6th May 2011|
|204/2 (18.5)||Bengaluru||16th March 2010|
|202/4 (20)||Bengaluru||24th April 2019|
ii) RCB won this match by 17 runs.
- It was the fourth consecutive victory for RCB against KXIP. Last time KXIP beat RCB on 5th May 2017.
i) KXIP was restricted to 185/7 in 20 overs.
- It is the third highest total for KXIP against RCB at M Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru).
|203/3 (20)||16th March 2010|
|198/8 (20)||9 May 2014|
|185/7 (20)||24 April 2019|
AB de Villiers and Marcus Stoinis
- It is the highest partnership for the fifth wicket for RCB. Their previous record was 95 runs partnership between Virat Kohli and Jacques Kallis against Deccan Chargers at Bengaluru on 8th April 2010.
- It is the fourth highest partnership for the fifth wicket in IPL history.
|Partners (Team)||Partnership runs||Opposition||Venue||Date|
|Shakib Al Hasan & Yusuf Pathan (Kolkata Knight Riders)||134*||Gujarat Lions||Kolkata||8th May 2016|
|Owais Shah & Angelo Mathews (Kolkata Knight Riders)||130*||Deccan Chargers||Mumbai||12th March 2010|
|David Miller & Rajagopal Sathish (Kings XI Punjab)||130*||Royal Challengers Bangalore||Mohali||6th May 2013|
|AB de Villiers & Marcus Stoinis (Royal Challengers Bangalore)||121*||Kings XI Punjab||Bengaluru||24th April 2019|
i) Playing his 93rd T20 innings, KL Rahul completed his 3,000 T20 runs and has scored 3,029 T20 runs by the end of this match.
- KL Rahul is the fastest Indian batsman (by the number of innings) to complete 3,000 T20 runs. The previous record holders were Gautam Gambhir and Suresh Raina as both completed their 3,000 runs in 107 T20 innings.
- KL Rahul is the joint fifth fastest batsman (by the number of innings) to complete 3,000 T20 runs (Mike Hussey also completed his 3,000 T20 runs in 93 innings). Shaun Marsh (85 innings), Chris Gayle (87 innings), Aaron Finch (90 innings) and Babar Azam (92 innings) are ahead of KL Rahul in this list.
i) By the end of this match, Umesh Yadav has taken 29 T20 wickets against KXIP.
- While Umesh Yadav has picked up all the 29 wickets against KXIP in IPL. He is the most wicket-taker in IPL history against one particular side. Dwayne Bravo is in the second position who has bagged 28 IPL wickets against Mumbai Indians.
- Umesh is the most wicket-taking bowler against KXIP in T20 cricket history. During this match, the right-arm pacer surpassed Sunil Narine who has got 26 T20 wickets against KXIP.