Contest Talking points
• D. Suresh Kumar is 4 tackle points away from completing 100 tackle points in PKL.
• Kashiling Adake is 3 bonus points away to become the first raider to complete 100 raid bonus
points in PKL.
• Surender Nada needs 1 ankle hold point to become the 3rd player after Ravinder Pahal (51)
and Kuldeep (50) to complete 50 tackle points through ankle holds.
Will the duo of Nada and Mohit consign U Mumba to another defeat?
• The clash between U Mumba and PKL debutant Haryana Steelers will see Mohit Chhillar and
Surender Nada come up against their former team U Mumba whom they represented in the
first 3 PKL campaigns.
• The best corner combination of PKL, Nada and Chhillar have accumulated 308 tackle points
(170 by Mohit Chhillar 138 by Surender Nada) in the PKL, the most by a corner combination
• Both feature amongst the top 10 defenders of PKL (Mohit – 2nd , Nada– 6th).
• Mohit Chhillar has 15 High 5s (2nd most by any player in PKL), while Surender Nada has 10
• Having been together in U Mumba they were both a part of the Bengaluru Bulls team that
defeated U Mumba in PKL 4 costing U Mumba 4th consecutive playoff appearances in PKL.
• U Mumba are the only team to have 4 raiders with more than 150 raid points in PKL. (Anup –
382, Kashi – 381, Shabeer – 151, Nitin – 152)
• All their big names struggled in their opening match barring Anup Kumar who was their best
raider (5 raid points) as well as their best defender (3 tackle points).
• Kashiling Adake scored 1 raid point in 7 raids, Shabeer Bappu scored only 2 raid points in 12
raids while Madane failed to score a single raid point in his 4 raids.
• Mohit and Nada will look to dominate U Mumba raiders and consign U Mumba to their 2nd
consecutive defeat in PKL 5.
• A defeat will mean this would be the first time in PKL that U Mumba will lose their opening 2
Team Talking Points – U Mumba
Anup looks to get U Mumba back on track
• U Mumba lost their opening match against Puneri Paltan 33-21 where the entire team
• With the team struggling, Anup did well scoring 8 points overall – the most by a U Mumba
player and the most by any player in the match.
• He scored 5 raid points which was the most by a U Mumba player and the most by a player in
• He was also the team’s best defender scoring 3 tackle points at a tackle strike rate of 75.00.
• The second-best raider in PKL, Anup has scored 382 raid points in PKL at a raid strike rate of
• The most successful captain of PKL having won 46 out of the 67 matches (68.65%) will look to
get the team back to winning ways against new comers Haryana.
U Mumba’s defence needs to step up
• U Mumba struggled in their match against Puneri Paltan even after having recognised
defenders like Kuldeep Singh, Joginder Narwal, Hadi Oshtorak and D. Suresh Kumar.
• U Mumba’s entire defence could manage only 7 tackle points out of which 3 were scored by
captain Anup Kumar who is a raider.
• Kuldeep Singh attempted 5 tackles but managed to score only 2 tackle points at tackle strike
rate of only 40.00.
• Hadi Oshtorak had a night to forget on the right corner as he only managed to score 1 tackle
point out of 4 attempted tackles with a tackle strike rate of 25.00.
• Experienced campaigner Joginder Narwal attempted 2 tackles and failed on both occasions.
• D. Suresh Kumar was successful in the only tackle he attempted.
PKL 5 M#5 – U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers
Nitin Madane – Has scored 152 raid points at raid strike rate of 45.51.
Hadi Oshtorak – Has scored 38 tackle points at tackle strike rate of 48.71.
Shrikant Jadhav – Has scored 18 raid points at raid strike rate of 34.61.
Shabeer Bappu – Has scored 151 raid points at raid strike rate of 35.78.
D. Suresh Kumar – Has scored 96 tackle points at tackle strike rate of 46.15
Kuldeep Singh – Has scored 45 raid points at raid strike rate of 22.84 & 84 tackle points at tackle
strike rate of 53.50.
Team Talking Points – Haryana Steelers
Wazir Singh looking to impress on his comeback
• Wazir Singh was one of the top raiders in PKL 1 and 2 but suffered an injury and played only 1
match in PKL 3 and missed the whole of PKL 4 due to an injury.
• Before the injury, Wazir was a pedigreed raider scoring 169 raid points in PKL at a healthy raid
strike rate of 50.14.
• His raid strike rate of 50.14 is the 3
rd best by a raider with more than 100 raid points in PKL.
• His average of 7.04 raid points per match is also the 6th best by a raider with more than 100
raid points in PKL.
• He will be leading Haryana Steeler’s raiding department with Surjeet Singh and Prashant
Kumar Rai to support him.
• A man for the DoD situations as well if need be, Wazir has 27 raid points in Do or Die Raids at
a raid strike rate of 72.97.
Haryana will look to their covers to provide adequate support
• Boasting of PKL’s best corner combination, Haryana’s cover defence will be under tremendous
pressure while taking on tournaments most fearsome raiding unit of U Mumba.
• Both of their right cover defenders, Neeraj and Mahendra Singh Dhaka don’t have any PKL
• Left Cover, Rakesh Singh Kumar is their most experienced cover defender, having played 30
matches and scoring 25 tackle points at a tackle strike rate of just 22.12.
• Jeeva Gopal is their other right cover defender with an experience of 18 matches in PKL.
• He scored 6 tackle points in 11 matches in PKL 1, but managed to score just 1 tackle point in
rest of his 7 matches in PKL.
• It will be interesting to see how their cover defenders perform against the likes of Anup, Kashi,
Nitin Madane and Shabeer Bappu.
Prashant Kumar Rai – Has 90 raid points at raid strike rate of 46.63.
Parmod Narwal – Has 21 raid points at raid strike rate of 42.86.
Deepak Kumar Dahiya – Has 74 raid points at raid strike rate of 33.64.
Surjeet Singh – Has 101 raid points at raid strike rate of42.26.
Deepak Kumar Rathee – Has 11 tackle points at tackle strike rate of 33.33.
Ashish Chhokar – Has 12 raid points at raid strike rate of 37.50.
Raju Lal Choudhary – Has 3 tackle point at tackle strike rate of 20.00