Federer Rises To 3rd In ATP Rankings After Wimbledon Win, Murray Keeps Top Spot
Winning his eighth Wimbledon title allowed Swiss Roger Federer, the most acclaimed player in Grand Slams with 19 titles, to earn a spot in the top three of the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on Monday, with 6,545 points.
Briton Andy Murray and Spanish Rafael Nadal kept their places at first and second, even though they left the tournament at the quarter-final stage and round of 16 respectively, reports Efe. Mohammad Amir Rates Virat Kohli As The Best Batsman At Present
The 35-year-old Swiss won five of the 14 tournaments in which he has participated in the current season, two Grand Slams (Australian Open and Wimbledon) and two 1,000 Masters (Indian Wells and Miami) in addition to Halle.
Federer’s opponent in Sunday’s Wimbledon final Marin Cilic of Croatia is sixth in the list.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Andy Murray (United Kingdom) 7,750 points
2. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 7,465
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 6,545
4. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 6,325
5. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 6,140 It Becomes Easier For Virat With MS Dhoni Around, Says Ajinkya Rahane
6. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 5,075
7. Dominic Thiem (Netherlands) 4,030
8. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 3,740
9. Milos Raonic (Canada) 3,310
10. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 3,160 Suresh Raina Congratulates Ravi Shastri, Rahul Dravid And Zaheer Khan
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||7||6||30|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
KL Rahul Reveals How He Handled The Chat Show Controversy Period
Early in this year, Indian cricketer KL Rahul entered into the massive controversy along with another Indian cricketer Hardik Pandya…
WWE News: Alexa Bliss Talks About WWE Superstars Dealing With Body Issues
Alexa Bliss is back on the championship picture after almost one year. This time though, she is not in the…