Federer Rises To 3rd In ATP Rankings After Wimbledon Win, Murray Keeps Top Spot
Winning his eighth Wimbledon title allowed Swiss Roger Federer, the most acclaimed player in Grand Slams with 19 titles, to earn a spot in the top three of the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings released on Monday, with 6,545 points.
Briton Andy Murray and Spanish Rafael Nadal kept their places at first and second, even though they left the tournament at the quarter-final stage and round of 16 respectively, reports Efe. Mohammad Amir Rates Virat Kohli As The Best Batsman At Present
The 35-year-old Swiss won five of the 14 tournaments in which he has participated in the current season, two Grand Slams (Australian Open and Wimbledon) and two 1,000 Masters (Indian Wells and Miami) in addition to Halle.
Federer’s opponent in Sunday’s Wimbledon final Marin Cilic of Croatia is sixth in the list.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Andy Murray (United Kingdom) 7,750 points
2. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 7,465
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 6,545
4. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 6,325
5. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 6,140 It Becomes Easier For Virat With MS Dhoni Around, Says Ajinkya Rahane
6. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 5,075
7. Dominic Thiem (Netherlands) 4,030
8. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 3,740
9. Milos Raonic (Canada) 3,310
10. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) 3,160 Suresh Raina Congratulates Ravi Shastri, Rahul Dravid And Zaheer Khan
KL Rahul Breaks Into Laughter After Shikhar Dhawan Takes a Dig at Yuzvendra Chahal
After each win for India against the opposition, the fans eagerly wait to watch the now-famous show ‘Chahal TV’ hosted by the Men in Blue spinner Yuzvendra Chahal for the BCCI in itself. Similarly, after winning the second ODI match against Australia, Shikhar Dhawan acted…
WWE Friday Night SmackDown Full Results: January 17, 2020
A packed episode of SmackDown took place last night where Roman Reigns competed in a Tables Match. John Morrison returned to in-ring competition in the WWE after a decade. Two women settled grudge in a singles contest whereas Kane made his return on the show…