Germany’s Angelique Kerber Retains Top Spot In WTA Rankings
Madrid, April 17 (IANS) German player Angelique Kerber continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association world rankings, released on Monday, with 7,335 points.
United States tennis player Serena Williams came in second, followed by Czech Karolina Pliskova, reports Efe.
Spanish Garbiñe Muguruza remained in the sixth spot.
The current WTA rankings and points are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 7,335 points
2. Serena Williams (US) 7,010
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 6,020
4. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 5,065
5. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,022
6. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,790
7. Johanna Konta (Britain) 4,330
8. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 4,290
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 4,025
10. Madison Keys (US) 3,857
Dean Elgar Eyes South African Test Captaincy
South Africa Test opener Dean Elgar has thrown his hat in the ring to lead the team in the red-ball format. The southpaw believes that the experience under his belt will help him to make a strong contender for the role. It’s been over three…
Is Sarfaraz Ahmed In For England’s tour? Misbah-ul-Haq Reveals
The former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has been out of Pakistan’s scheme for past months. PCB dropped him from the team, giving the reason to provide him rest. However, as PCB has agreed to tour England to play the Test and limited-overs series, Sarfaraz’s comeback…