Madrid, June 26 (IANS) German Angelique Kerber continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday with 6,965 points.
This week saw the rise of Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki, who climbed two spots to sixth place, and the rise of Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetzova, who ascended one spot to eighth position, reports Efe.
In addition, Slovakia’s Dominika Cibulkova fell three spots to ninth place.
No other changes took place in the top 10, with Romanian Simona Halep still in second position, followed by Czech Karolina Pliskova.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 6,965 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,850
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 6,386
4. Serena Williams (US) 4,810
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,765
6. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,345
7. Johanna Konta (UK) 4,325
8. Svetlana Kuznetzova (Russia) 4,310
9. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 4,010
10. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 3,985.