Madrid, Oct 16 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday.
The 26-year-old Romanian star reached the number one for the first time in her career last week to put an end to the four-week reign of Spaniard Garbiñe Muguruza, who came in second, reports Efe.
There were no changes in this week’s rankings, as Czech Karolina Pliskova held the third position, followed by Ukrainian Elina Svitolina.
American Venus Williams came in fifth, followed by Danish Caroline Wozniacki.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,605
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,465
5. Venus Williams (United States) 4,642
6. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,640
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 4,510
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3,950
9. Caroline Garcia (France) 3,860
10. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,795.
IPL 2020: KL Rahul Likely To Be Next Captain Of Kings XI Punjab
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) is desperate to end their wait to win their first-ever Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy. While their last two times captain Ravichandran Ashwin has already been traded, the team management is in serious talks about the next captain of the side…
Nikki Bella Still Hoping To Make A Miraculous Return To The WWE
One of the mainstream attractions in WWE used to be The Bella Twins who have lately become entrepreneurs. With pro-wrestling not being an option for them anymore, these two continue to pursue different genres when it comes to exploring career options. Live Divorce Segment And…