Madrid, Oct 23 (IANS) Romanian Simona Halep maintained the top spot of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) singles rankings released on Monday as Kristina Mladenovic of France joined the top-10 list.
The 26-year-old Romanian star was followed by Spaniard Garbiñe Muguruza.
Czech Karolina Pliskova came in third, ahead of fourth-placed Ukrainian Elina Svitolina.
France’s Caroline Garcia and Briton Johanna Konta jumped one spot each to hold the eighth and ninth positions respectively.
Mladenovic jumped three positions to occupy the 10th spot, while Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova dropped enough to leave the Top 10 list.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,675 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 5,635
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,105
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,000
5. Venus Williams (US) 4,642
6. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,640
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 4,510
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 3,795
9. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,610
10. Kristina Mladenovic (France) 2,885.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||9||7||39|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||11||7||37|
Somerset Sign Murali Vijay For Three County Games
Somerset has taken the services of out of favor Indian opener Murali Vijay for three County matches as an overseas…
Harbhajan Singh Reveals Why Ravichandran Ashwin Loses His Place In Test Side
The senior-most Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh feels that Ravichandran Ashwin has lost his regular Test place due to his poor…