Madrid, Oct 30 (IANS) Romania’s Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday while Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki came in third.
Wozniacki, 27, climbed three spots after she beat American Venus Williams, who occupied the fifth place, to win her first WTA Finals title in Singapore on Sunday, leaving Ukrainian Elina Svitolina in the sixth spot, reports Efe.
Spaniard Garbiñe Muguruza remained in the second spot while Czech Karolina Pliskova fell to the fourth.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (US) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,420
9. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3,610
10. Kristina Mladenovic (France) 2,885.
[pkl_srttable maid=”2″ id=”wordcup-sw” ]
Pakistan Cricket Board Announces T20I And Test Squads For Australia Tour, Makes Some Big Changes
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the 16-member T20I and Test squads for the upcoming Australia tour. Recently eliminated-captain Sarfaraz…
India Vs South Africa 2019/20: Third Test (Day Three) – India On The Verge Of Completing Whitewash
The hosts India are on the verge of completing whitewash in the three-match home Test series against South Africa after…