Madrid, Nov 13 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Monica Niculescu of Romania jumped 22 positions to 78th place and Pauline Parmentier of France climbed 10 places to the 81st spot.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,420
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. CoCo Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258
Aakash Chopra Reveals His Current ODI XI
While the coronavirus has pressed the pause button in the world, including the cricket world, former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra is regularly bringing out the list of his various best teams. Recently, the 42-year-old revealed his favourite Current ODI XI. Apart from choosing the eleven…
I Wanted To Keep Shane Warne Under The Wraps – Allan Border
Former Australian skipper Allan Border revealed that he didn’t want the England team to get used to Shane Warne and thus he wanted to keep him under the wraps for the 1993 Ashes series. Allan Border-led Australia had obliterated England 4-0 on their previous tour…