Madrid, Nov 13 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Monica Niculescu of Romania jumped 22 positions to 78th place and Pauline Parmentier of France climbed 10 places to the 81st spot.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,420
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. CoCo Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258
Watch: KL Rahul Humurous Reply To Yuzvendra Chahal
KL Rahul had a good day in Hyderabad ground. The right-hand batsman gave a good start to the team and set the game for other batsmen to play freely. The opener reached the new milestone, he completed 1000 runs in the T20 internationals in the…
Indications That Ronda Rousey Will Soon Return On WWE Programming
On a recent bygone episode of Total Divas, the WrestleMania 35 outing of Ronda Rousey was covered. It was that history-making night where three women main-evented the show. Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair were the other two apart from Rousey who competed in the match….