Madrid, Nov 20 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Spain’s Carla Suarez came in 40th while her compatriot Lara Arruabarrena jumped three positions to 84th place.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,385
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. Coco Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258.
‘Old habits die hard’ Tweets Ravi Shastri, Trolled Badly
Indian Head Coach Ravi Shastri has proved to be the perfect guide to the Indian national cricket team. But there has not been an occasion when he has not been trolled. Every time the former cricketer post on social media, he has been trolled for…
Prithvi Shaw Named In Mumbai Squad, Set To Make His Comeback On November 17
India Test batsman Prithvi Shaw is all set to make his comeback to competitive cricket on November 17 as he has been named in the Mumbai squad for remaining matches Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Shaw will be eligible to play Mumbai’s final league stage game,…