Madrid, Nov 20 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Spain’s Carla Suarez came in 40th while her compatriot Lara Arruabarrena jumped three positions to 84th place.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,385
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. Coco Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258.
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||9||7||39|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||11||7||37|
Somerset Sign Murali Vijay For Three County Games
Somerset has taken the services of out of favor Indian opener Murali Vijay for three County matches as an overseas…
Harbhajan Singh Reveals Why Ravichandran Ashwin Loses His Place In Test Side
The senior-most Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh feels that Ravichandran Ashwin has lost his regular Test place due to his poor…