Madrid, Nov 20 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Spain’s Carla Suarez came in 40th while her compatriot Lara Arruabarrena jumped three positions to 84th place.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,385
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. Coco Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258.
Indo Asian News Service
ICC World Cup 2019: Injury Scare for England as Eoin Morgan Taken to Hospital for X Ray
England has received a huge injury scare just 5 days ahead of the start of the 2019 World Cup as…
ICC World Cup 2019: Brian Lara Feels Virat Kohli is a Special Talent Who Has Taken Cricket to a Different Level
Former Windies skipper and one of the greatest batsman of all time Brian Lara has hailed Team India skipper Virat…