Madrid, Nov 20 (IANS) Romanian tennis player Simona Halep continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, while Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza remained in second place.
There were no changes in this week’s top 10, as Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki held the third position, followed by Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, reports Efe.
United States’ players Venus Williams and Coco Vandeweghe came in fifth and 10th, respectively.
Further down the rankings, Spain’s Carla Suarez came in 40th while her compatriot Lara Arruabarrena jumped three positions to 84th place.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,175 points
2. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 6,135
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 6,015
4. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 5,730
5. Venus Williams (United States) 5,597
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,500
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) 5,010
8. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,385
9. Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3,610
10. Coco Vandeweghe (United States) 3,258.
Bollywood Actress Kangana Ranaut Comes up With an Interesting Name for Virat Kohli
The India skipper Virat Kohli has been among the most successful players across formats. And, his success in the recently-concluded ODI series against Australia has earned him much praise. Referring to this, the Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut has given him an interesting title. The famous…
Pictures: WWE Alumni Kelly Kelly Sets Instagram On Fire With ‘Birthday Suit’
We have not seen Barbie Blank, f.k.a. Kelly Kelly wrestling full-time in the WWE for over eight years. But that does not take away her popularity around the internet. In fact, she is one of the bonafide sensations on Instagram. She may not be in…