Halep leads WTA rankings, Osaka climbs to 4th spot
Madrid, Jan 8: Romania’s Simona Halep led the first Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings of the year, while Naomi Osaka of Japan and Czech Karolina Pliskova were among the climbers in the list issued on Monday.
After reaching the Brisbane International semi-finals, US Open champion Osaka rose a spot to the fourth, with Brisbane winner Pliskova climbing one position to the seventh, reports Efe news.
Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina, meanwhile, fell from fourth to sixth, and Czech Petra Kvitova moved down to the eighth.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,641 points
2. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,875
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 5,436
4. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 5,270
5. Sloane Stephens (USA) 5,023
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,940
7. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,750
8. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,630
9. Kiki Bertens (The Netherlands) 4,360
10. Daria Kasatkina (Russia) 3,415.
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||7||6||30|
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||7||5||29|
Steven Smith Climbs Up To The Second Position In The Test Batting Rankings
Former Australian captain Steven Smith has climbed up in the second position in the Test batting rankings after his excellent…
WWE News: Backstage Update On The Fiend Character Of Bray Wyatt
After months of anticipation, Bray Wyatt was back to in-ring competition. The Fiend version of him faced off against Finn…