Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri outplayed Jiri Vesely of Czech Republic’s in straight sets of 7-6 (2) and 6-0 in the semifinals to breeze into the finals of the ATP Challenger hard-court event in Kaohsiung, Taiwan on Saturday the 26th September 2015
Thus, Yuki Bhambri avenged his Davis Cup defeat against Jiri Vesely by pipping the Czech Republic’s world number 40 in straight sets. Yuki recorded the second biggest singles win of his career. Yuki saved all four break chances he faced in the first set and converted all three in the second in the one hour 23 minutes contest. Yuki had lost to the same player last week in New Delhi, in the do-or-die fourth rubber in the World Group Play-off tie clash.
Yuki was successful in his first serve 68% as against Jiri’s 59%. He won the first service points in 78% (30/38) of times as compared to the opponents 59% (37/63) only. Even in the second service point Yuki was far better winning 14 out of 18 serves (78%) than his opponent winning the same number out of 26 serves (54%). He also earned 23 return points out of 63 as compared 12 out of 56 by Vesley. Out of a total of 119 points, the game went for Yuki won 60% leaving only 40% to his opponent that helped him to move into finals.
It is Yuki’s only fifth win over a top-100 player and second over a top-50 player. His biggest win was over Italy’s world number 16 Fabio Fognini, last year at the Chennai Open. He has beaten three more top-100 players — Pablo Carreno Busta (64), Jack Sock (88) and Tobias Kamke (88) before. This victory has already assured Yuki 75 points and if he manages to get one more win that will fetch him 125 points, which is likely to push him to top-100 bracket. He next faces second seed Korean Hyeon Chung, world number 75.
Yuki made to the doubles semifinal with partner Chu-Huan Yi and lost in the semi finals to Mao Xin Gong and Hsien Yin Peng.
Naseem Shah Will Not Return Home To Attend His Mother’s Funeral
The 16-year-old Pakistani cricketer, Naseem Shah, lost his mother on Monday night. He was playing the practice match against Australia A when the player got the dreadful news of his mother’s demise. But the player didn’t leave the match in between. In the three-day practice…
Michal Hussey Advises Babar Azam To Become Best Player
Pakistan right-hand batsman Babar Azam is among one of the best cricketers. He is No.1 batsman in T20I and No.3 batsman in ODI ranking. But still, his name is not taken when talked about elites or best player. Former Australian cricketer Michael Hussey opined the…