Want to be a professional cricketer?
Real Betis have announced Charly Musonda’s loan deal has ended and he will return to Chelsea.
The Belgian joined the La Liga club on a season-long loan deal in August and impressed in the second half of the season, leading Betis to extend the deal for another year for the 2016-17 campaign.
But injury and indifferent form meant the 20-year-old failed to settle in Spain.
Musonda has already been spotted back at Chelsea’s training ground in Cobham.
But Betis confirmed both clubs have agreed to terminate his loan six months early.
A statement on the Betis website said: “Real Betis and Chelsea have reached an agreement over the termination of Charly Musonda’s loan spell with the Verdiblanco.
“Real Betis would like to wish the Belgian player all the best for the future.”
Last week Antonio Conte spoke of his desire for Musonda and Brzilian Kenedy to get more minutes on loan.
“Kennedy and Musonda went back from their loan because they didn’t play a lot,” said Conte.
“For this reason, I think it’s important to stay with us in these weeks to evaluate the best situation for them and for the team.
“In January, it’s not easy, with the club we are talking for us, if there’s a possibility to find the best solution for our squad.
“Musonda, Kenedy, you are talking with a player of 20, 21 years, it’s important to find a right solution at home.
“Then, if it’s not possible, you have to look around to find a new solution.”
The Belgian has featured just eight times so far for Los Verdiblancos, and the club announced Sunday that his stay at the Estadio Benito Villamarin will now be cut short.
Musonda joined Chelsea from Anderlecht at the age of 15 and is regarded as one of the club’s biggest prospects, although he has yet to make his first-team debut at Stamford Bridge.