Another India- Sri Lanka game and yet another one sided encounter ending in India’s favor. With the comprehensive win over Sri Lanka at Mirpur, the men in blue have stormed into the finals of the Asia Cup and now are just a victory away from lifting the Asia Cup.
Things began on a positive note for team India when MS Dhoni once again won a crucial toss and invited Sri Lanka into bat. Ashish Nehra, like his outing against Pakistan, struck early to get rid of Dinesh Chandimal. Jasprit Bumrah was fantastic in the powerplay overs yet again and India have unearthed a gem in him.
The Sri Lankan innings never got the needed kick and it was only towards the end overs that the Sri Lankans got a few crucial runs. For India, Hardik Pandya struck twice in the middle overs to ensure that India always dominated the proceedings. The target of 139 was never going to be enough for the Indian batting powerhouse and despite the early loss of both the openers, Virat Kohli kept the innings going. Kohli was flawless and seemed to be in glorious touch. But the most positive news for Indians would be the form struck by Yuvraj Singh. Singh’s 18 balls 35 included 3 sixes timed to perfection. Kohli remained unbeaten on 56 as India strolled through with 4 balls remaining.
Below, are the statistical highlights of the game between India and Sri Lanka:
1. 93.16. Kohli averages a staggering 93.16 in successful chases for India in T20I’s.
2. 13.28. The average opening partnership in the ongoing edition of the Asia Cup stands at a mere 13.28.
3. 100%. Virat Kohli has a 100% record of scoring a 50+ score against Sri Lanka in T20I’s. He has 3 half centuries in 3 games against them.
4. Brendon McCullum has the maximum half centuries in T20I’s with his tally at 13 in 71 games. Virat Kohli has got to the mark in 36 games.
5. Virat Kohli has 7 Man of the Match Awards in T20I’s. He is on par with Yuvraj Singh for the tally held by an Indian.