They say we are destined to end up with someone special in our lives, some romances are indeed destined to be. One such romance is between Indian batsman Shikhar Dhawan and his beautiful wife Ayesha Mukherjee. Let’s take a look at 7 interesting facts about Shikhar Dhawan’s marriage.
1. Shikhar Dhawan’s love story didn’t begin with a chance encounter with his eventual soulmate, but the two lovebirds first started getting to know each other on social networking website Facebook. Match made on FB, eh?
2. Moustache swirling cricketer Shikhar Dhawan is grateful to his senior cricket colleague Harbhajan Singh, who is said to have donned the match-maker’s role and introduced Shikhar and Ayesha on facebook.
3. Ayesha is said to have a huge interest in sports, and is also an amateur boxer. Her mother is British, and her father is Bengali, which is why Ayesha can speak very fluent Bengali.
4. This is not the first time Ayesha has tied the knot. The Bengali beauty has two daughters from her first marriage – Rhea and Aliyah. Moreover, Shikhar’s better half is 12 years older than him and the Indian opener had a tough time convincing her parents as they had reservations about the age difference between the two.
5. Did you know that Shikhar and Ayesha got engaged way back in 2009? But Shikhar postponed the wedding as he wanted to focus on cricket and first cement his place in the Indian team before taking the plunge.
6. Ayesha became a rage on the internet after their marriage in 2012 and the social network has been speaking in glorious terms about her beauty, and about a tattoo that apparently runs all the down her back!
7. What strengthened Shikhar Dhawan and Ayesha Mukherjee’s relationship is that even though Ayesha hails from Australia, and still has to shuttle between Australia and India, Shikhar believes she is more Indian than he is! Ayesha is a very religious person at heart, can speak Bengali very fluently and can cook yummy Indian dishes! Quite the ideal bride, eh?