It was the starting day of the boxing day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Australia won the toss and opted to bat first and the match is poised in a balanced state at stumps of the day with 259 runs on the board for the loss of 5 wickets. Some of the bowlers bowled well while some batsmen did bat well. To sum things up, here is the list of the Hits and Flops of the day.
HITS of the Day
- Steve Smith (Australia): The Australian captain is doing a decent job for the team. He has been in consistent form and today also, the form was reflected in his batting. He came in to bat at an important situation and needed to score huge and he succeeded in it. He stayed unbeaten at the score of 72 runs off 158 balls with 4 fours and a six.
- Chris Rogers (Australia): The Australian opening batsman batted brilliantly today and was involved in a decent partnership with Watson. He managed to score 57 runs off 126 deliveries with 5 fours. Also, he needed to bat well as Warner was dismissed early on in the innings. So, he did his job pretty well.
- Umesh Yadav (India): The speedster of India bowled immensely well. He constantly asked questions for the batsmen and also picked up early wickets to boost India’s confidence. He dismissed Warner right in the second over of the day. And at the end of the day, troubled Haddin with his bouncers. He bowled 20 overs and picked up 2 wickets by giving away 69 runs.
- Mohammad Shami (India): He was brought back to the side today in place of Varun Aaron and he bowled decently well today. He bowled 16 overs today and picked up 2 crucial wickets by giving away 51 runs.
FLOPS of the Day
- David Warner (Australia): Warner had a disappointing time at the crease today. He was dismissed for a duck by Umesh Yadav. He edged a ball and was caught by Shikhar Dhawan at the slip cordon.
- Joe Burns (Australia): The debutant did not have a good time at the crease today. He was dismissed at the score of 13 runs and he was dismissed by Umesh Yadav and was caught behind by Dhoni.