The Australian tail once again troubled the Indian bowlers and the tail-enders scored over 200 runs to make things even worse for the Indians.
On the second day, there has been some great as well as some poor performances by both the bowlers and the batsmen as well.
To sum things up, here is the list of the HITS and FLOPS of the day-
HITS of the Day
- Steve Smith (Australia): The Australian captained was unbeaten at the score of 72 runs at the stumps of the first day. He carried on with his belligerent form today and played magnificently. He reached to his century quickly and went on playing incredibly well even after that. He scored 192 runs today when he was bowled by Umesh Yadav. He was the last wicket to fell in for the Australians.
- Ryan Harris (Australia): The Australian tail-ender did the job of destruction for them with the bat. He scored a blistering knock of 74 runs off 88 deliveries with 8 fours and a six. He was involved in a decent partnership with Steve Smith and that helped them to pose such a huge total. With the ball too, he was pretty much strict with his line and length. He was good with the ball too and managed to take a wicket.
- Murali Vijay (India): Vijay and Shikhar opened the 1st innings of India but Shikhar hurried and lost his wicket on the other hand the other opener stand still and was playing well. He kept all the Australian bowlers under pressure. At the end of the day he was playing very cautiously and reached to his half ton. Solid batting from Murali Vijay has helped India to yet another fine start in their innings. He scored 55 runs (Not Out).
FLOPS of the Day
- Ishant Sharma (India): He bowled at good line and length yesterday but went wicketless. He struggled with his line today and the batsmen did not find any sort of difficulties in playing him. He bowled a total of 32 overs in the innings and gave 104 runs and went wicketless.
- Shikhar Dhawan (India): Shikhar Dhawan stunned all viewers, and Australia, when he made his fastest Test century by a debutant. He started the innings pretty well but did not amuse the viewers like his debut. The way he started looks like he is going to explode but Harris bowls it short of length on off-stump and the ball touched the outside edge and flies to Smith who took a good low catch at 2nd slip. He made only 28 runs.
- Mitchell Johnson (Australia): The Star pacer of the Australia team till now did not manage to scratch on the Indian team. Indian bowlers survived his pace attack. He bowled 5 overs today and considered 20 runs without getting any wicket. At the end of the day he was working hard to get a wicket.
Image Credit: espncricinfo