It was the fifth and final day of the Test. Australia were poised at a lead of 323 runs at stumps of the fourth day. And they had 3 wickets in hand. So, it was obvious that the first session would be crucial. It has been crucial and we had a good day of cricket. Here is the list of the HITS and FLOPS of the day.
HITS of the Day
- Shaun Marsh (Australia): After being well poised at the score of 62 runs at stumps of the fourth day, Marsh batted really well today but unfortunately could not make his century. He was dismissed at the score of 99 runs.
- Virat Kohli (India): Once again, Virat played a great innings but was unfortunately dismissed after scoring a well deserved 54 runs. He looked solid at the crease and always looked to play freely. He was also involved in a good partnership with Rahane.
- Mitchell Johnson (Australia): The Australian speedster bowled brilliantly today and maintained a stiff line and length. He kept asking questions to the batsmen and took the wickets of Pujara and KL Rahul.
- Ryan Harris (Australia): This speedster of Australia also bowled remarkably well today. He maintained a tight line and length and did not give any room for the batsmen. He took the wickets of Dhawan and Kohli.
FLOPS of the Day
- Shikhar Dhawan (India): The left handed opener of India has been struggling with his form and today also he did not manage to score much. He was dismissed for a duck by Ryan Harris.
- Lokesh Rahul (India): The debutant Indian batsman was promoted up the order today. He struggled throughout his innings and hardly managed to score just a single run when he was dismissed by Johnson.
- Murali Vijay (India): The Indian opener was going through a good run in this series so far but he had shown a poor performance today and was dismissed at the score of only 11 runs by Josh Hazzlewood. The team required him to play well today but he failed to capitalize to the least possible extent.