BCCI set to auction for two new teams
It is now official! BCCI working committee meeting in Mumbai on October 18 has banned CSK and Rajasthan Royals from IPL for two years. However, the 2016 Indian Premier League (IPL) will be an eight teams tournament as BCCI will release tenders for two new teams, who will be part of the next IPL.
The next Annual General Meeting of BCCI will be held on November 9.
The Supreme Court appointed Lodha Committee has left the decision to BCCI after announcing its verdict on the spot-fixing and conflict of interest case.
“The Justice Lodha committee interim report will be implemented fully. The two franchise teams, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals remain suspended for two years. BCCI will float tenders and invite bids for two new teams to replace CSK & RR in the Indian Premier League for 2016 and 2017 (2 years)”, BCCI stated in its press release.
RR co-owner Raj Kundra and CSK Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan were found guilty in spot-fixing scam by Supreme Court. As per IPL charter if any co-owner found involved in any alleged activities that dent the game’s image then the team could be terminated. So, BCCI headed by newly elected President Shashank Manohar decided to obey the apex court’s recommendation to suspend CSK and RR for two years. However, both teams will back in IPL fold after their period of suspension get over. So, the 2018 IPL may be a ten teams tournament.
Following subjects are discussed in BCCI meeting
The Working Committee meeting of the BCCI met at the BCCI Headquarters, Mumbai on 18th October 2015. During the meeting following decisions were taken: –
· The Annual General Meeting of the BCCI will be held on Monday, 9th November 2015 at the BCCI Headquarters, Mumbai.
· The Justice Lodha committee interim report will be implemented fully. The two franchisee teams, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals remain suspended for two years. BCCI will float tenders and invite bids for two new teams to replace CSK & RR in the Indian Premier League for 2016 and 2017 (2 years).
· The Treasurer’s Office will start operations from the BCCI Headquarters, Mumbai at the earliest.
· M/S Gokhale & Sathe has been appointed as the internal auditors of the BCCI. They replace M/S P.B Vijayragahavan & Company.
· The Board has appointed M/S Deloitte for ‘Project Transformation’.
· The Board has appointed M/S Price Water House Cooper as the independent agency to due the diligence for the utilisation of funds provided by BCCI to the state associations.
· BCCI rules regarding conflict of interest and the amendments to the Rules and Regulations of the Board are being proposed for the consideration at the Annual General Meeting.
· Revival of the National Cricket Academy as the centre of excellence is the top most priority of the BCCI. Board will look at the lands offered by KIADB. Mr. MP Pandove (Chairman NCA ), Mr. Rajeev Shukla, Mr. Anirudh Chaudhry (Hon.Treasurer-BCCI) and Mr. Amitabh Choudhary (Joint Secretary – BCCI) will inspect the lands offered by KIADB and finalise the deal within one month.
· Nike Contract as the official apparel sponsors of the Indian Cricket Team has been extended.
· The IPL title sponsorship right has been assigned to M/S Vivo mobiles. Vivo is to give the Bank Guarantee in next ten days.
· BCCI will display the following information on its website.
1. Names of the players and Umpires receiving monthly gratis from the BCCI and the amounts.
2. Names of the players who have been paid one time benefit from the BCCI and the amount.
3. Information on Medical Benefit Scheme for retired cricketers and umpires.
4. All payments made by BCCI of more than 25lakhs.
(BCCI press release)
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.