Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the most successful captain in the history of Indian cricket, turns 34 today. Under his captaincy, Indian cricket achieved new heights. His achievements as the Indian skipper in known to every Indian soul. From two World Cups to Champions Trophy, Captain Cool gifted Indians every possible glory existing in the cricket world. Click hare For know About Dhoni Brother
Dhoni not only won millions of hearts with his charismatic leadership but also with his daunting batting down the order and his exceptional wicket-keeping skills. He has earned the tag of being the best finisher in modern day cricket and will always be remembered specially for the six he struck over long on which made India the world champions in 2011!
We wish Mahi a very happy birthday and thank him for his services to the Indian National Cricket team and hope that he will continue guiding India in a positive direction in some way or the other.
As a tribute to this legend, lets take a look at the best 11 quotes given by him during his 11 glorious years he played for the nation.
1) Asked when how it feels to deal with the hopes and expectation of a nation comprising of 1.2 billion people, Dhoni replied:
‘Its like putting 100 kgs over you. After that even if you put a mountain, it wont make any difference.’
2) MS is never afraid of taking the blame on behalf of the entire team’s failure, a signature of being a great captain.
‘ I need to blame myself. I am the leader of the side. I am the main culprit so of course I blame myself.’
3) A responsible leader always focuses on the job in hand, irrespective of what happens in his personal life. Just 1 week before the World Cup 2015, Dhoni’s firstborn daughter Ziva was born. Asken what was going on in his mind, Dhoni said:
‘No. I am on national duty. Everything else can wait.’
4) For Dhoni, its not over till its actually over. Halfway through the series, asked if India were beaten already, Dhoni’s response:
‘Till the full-stop doesn’t come, the sentence is not complete.’
5) Behind every successful captain, there lies the understanding of each and every individual of his team. Dhoni is no exception to that:
‘You won’t see a batsman batting like Don Bradman just because he wants to bat like one.’
6) MS was asked one which series whitewash hurt most, the 2011 tour of England or the following tour in Australia. Dhoni’s response:
‘When you die, you die. You don’t think which is a better way to die.’
7) For him, half the battle goes on in his head.
‘Nobody has seen form. It’s a state of mind where you are confident and you think very positively.’
8) India’s feeling towards Dhoni oscillates between deep hatred and extreme love from time to time. His reaction:
‘I have three dogs at home. Even after loosing a series or winning, they treat me the same way.’
9) If only we could decode the game as easily Dhoni does.
‘I don’t study cricket too much. Whatever I have learned or experienced is through cricket I have played on the field and whatever little I have watched.’
10) In a press conference, some asked Mahi about a reported dressing room brawl between Kohli and Dhawan. Dhoni’s million dollar reaction:
‘The person who reported that story should work in Hollywood for Warner Brothers.’
11) After almost achieving everything, he was asked if he was left with anything. Dhoni’s quirky reply:
‘I don’t mind repeating everything.’
/ 3 hours ago
Royal Challengers Bangalore have always boasted one of the strongest batting lineups in the...
/ 4 hours ago
With Australia openers giving the hosts a solid start, India needed a moment of...
/ 7 hours ago
Is there anything Virat Kohli cannot do when he is on the cricket field....
/ 8 hours ago
The next edition of the 50-over World Cup is just a few months away....
/ 9 hours ago
Matt Hardy is not present on WWE Raw for the past several months. We...