It was the third day of the 2nd Test between England and India at Lord’s and the day marked sheer drama and we are in for a decisive test. The third day of the test marked plenty of ups and downs. Things started well for England initially but India pulled things back on their favour but in the third and final session of the day, the English players played brilliant Cricket and are back in the hunt and at the conclusion of the day, India are in some sort of bother. There were some great as well as some disappointing performances today. Here is the list of the hits and flops of the day.
FLOPS Of They Day
- Virat Kohli : One of the most consistent players for India is getting pretty much inconsistent in the England tour. His bad patch continues for yet another time and today he was dismissed at a DUCK.He was bowled out by Plunkett right in the first ball he faced. He came to bat in a situation when the team needed him to perform. But he disappointed with his performance.
- Ajinkya Rahane: The young talent who saved India’s cause in the first innings by scoring a ton did not manage to save his team for yet another time. He was dismissed at a score of 5 runs today and he failed to stay at the crease for long. He tried to defend a delivery off Broad and Prior caught it to dismiss him. But his dismissal was a controversial one and it seemed as if it was a wrong one.
- James Anderson: The speedster of England had an off day today. He surprised with his batting brilliance in the first test. Today, he failed with the bat. But that was not a point to be counted. He failed with the ball too and that makes his performance a flop. He failed to take a single wicket though he managed to trouble the batsmen to a minor extent.
HITS Of The Day
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: This man is running through a golden patch in the test series both with the bat as well as with the ball. His performance today was no exception to it. He grabbed 2 of the 4 English wickets which fell today and he finished the innings with a bowling figure of 6 for 82.
- Murali Vijay: This Chennai opener batted brilliantly today. He made a solid opening partnership with Dhawan and stayed at the crease when a solid partnership was needed. At the end of the day, he remained unbeaten at a score of 59 runs.
- Liam Plunkett: This right arm fast bowler bowled brilliantly today and also played a vital role in bringing back England in the hunt. He took 2 crucial wickets in consecutive deliveries, one was of Kohli’s. He bowled 12 overs today and just conceded 24 runs in that. Earlier with the bat too, he made a brilliant effort and with the help of his unbeaten half century, England managed to put a lead of 24 runs in the first innings. He remained unbeaten on 55 runs when England were all down.
- Cheteshwar Pujara: This dependable batsman did get a perfect start to his innings but he failed to capitalize on that. Though apart from that, he did manage to score 43 runs. He and Vijay were building the innings for India. He was dismissed by Plunkett.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.