Day 4 of the 2nd Test marked a seesaw of drama. The game went in the favour of England sometime and in the very next moment, things turned India’s way. The day has set the stage for a dramatic final day and we are about to witness a nail biting finish to the test. India started their day with 4 down for 169 runs. India managed to pose a target of 319 runs to England and they are in some spot of bother at the end of the day. Throughout the day, there has been some mentionable performances which could decide the fate of the test. Here are the list of the HITS and FLOPS of the day:
FLOPS of The Day
- MS Dhoni: The Indian captain started the day’s play for India alongside Murali Vijay. India were in a some sort of bother and both of them needed to play well but Dhoni departed early which increased the pressure for India. He managed to add 7 runs to his tally today and departed for 19 runs.
- Stuart Binny: This man made a sensational debut in the previous match but he failed today. He came into bat after Dhoni’s dismissal but he did not manage to provide some contribution with the bat. He was dismissed for a DUCK by Moeen Ali.
- Sam Robson: This English opener dismissed early which amplified the pressure for the hosts. Chasing a target of 319 runs, the opening partnership needs to be strong but Robson failed to build it with a good performance and he was dismissed at a score of 7 runs by Jadeja.
- Ian Bell: This English batsman came in a situation when England where 3 down under 70 runs on the board. He needed to stay at the crease but he was deceived by a swinger from Ishant Sharma and he was bowled at a score of 1 run.
HITS of The Day
- Ravindra Jadeja: He rescued India with his valiant effort with the bat. He came into bat where a strong partnership was needed. He assisted Vijay well and also geared up India’s scoring rate after Vijay’s dismissal. He put the pressure back on the English bowlers. He scored a well made 68 runs of 57 balls and with the ball too he provided India with the opening wicket.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: Once again, this young talent comes magical with the bat and rescued India with a solid 99-run partnership with Jadeja. He was dismissed at a score of 52 runs. This was his 3rd half century of the series. With the ball too, he kept pressure on the English batsmen but he was wicketless.
- Ishant Sharma: This guy’s bowling abilities were questioned several times in his career but he proved every one of them wrong today with a brilliant performance with the ball. He did manage to extract the fullest from the wicket and took 2 important wickets to keep India in control of the game.
- Murali Vijay: This man made a great performance with the bat today. He needed to stay at the crease today in the initial overs and he did his job well. He was playing well but to his ill-luck he was dismissed by a beauty from Anderson at a score of 95 runs. He missed a well-deserved century thus.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.