After a defeat in the third test against the mighty English team, Indians desperately needed to comeback stronger in the fourth test which started today. But this test showed up further miseries from the Indian side. There were as many as 6 ducks being made today. This was really a shame. No Indian batsmen except a few did manage to stay at the crease for long. England outplayed India throughout the day. Here is the list of the hits and flops of the day.
HITS of The Day
- MS Dhoni: The Indian captain played a captain’s knock today and came up with all good. He came to bat when his team were under a cloud of pressure with 4 down at a score of 8 runs on the board. He played valiantly and made a great knock of 71 runs. With the aid of such a valiant innings from the Captain Cool, India managed to reach to a score of 151 runs.
- Stuart Broad: He has led England’s way in domination over India. With some sort of help available from the pitch initially, Broad’s deliveries grew up to be rather unplayable and he troubled most of the Indian batsmen. He struck 6 wickets in the innings and conceded just 25 runs in the 13.4 overs he bowled.
- James Anderson: It was said prior to the series that James Anderson has the capability to make the ball walk and talk during English summers. He justified the phrase today by his stunning performances with the ball. He bowled brilliantly today and took 3 important wickets for his team. He along with Broad, inflicted the initial damage to the Indians.
FLOPS of The Day
- Murali Vijay: The batsman who played a pivotal role in Indian batting for the past 3 tests disappointed with his performance today. He was dismissed for a DUCK today and managed to stay at the crease for 14 deliveries but struggled throughout.
- Virat Kohli: The best batsman of India at present is going through one of the worst patches of his career. Prior to today’s innings, he averaged 16.83 after the first 3 tests. Today, he once again disappointed with his performance. He was gone for a DUCK today and was dismissed by playing a poor shot.
- Cheteshwar Pujara: This man too did not show some responsibility today and was one of the six players to be dismissed for DUCK. He was dismissed by Broad.
- Ravindra Jadeja: He came out to bat when India were definitely in all sorts of bother. He needed to play a great innings to save his team from the acute onslaught. But what he managed was to score a DUCK and being dismissed for a DUCK. He was dismissed by none other than his prime opposition member, James Anderson.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.