The first day of the test went completely against India. On a wet and grassy pitch, India opted to bat first which later proved to be a disastrous mistake done by them. Unable to defend the swing and pace, India crumbled in their innings right from the start of the day’s play and they were bundled at a score of 152 runs. England were replying well with 113 for the loss of 3 wickets at stumps of the first day. India had to fight back stronger in the second day to keep their hopes alive and India managed things quite well. But throughout the day, rain played the role of spoilsport to a great extent. Now let us dig deep into the Hits and Flops of the game.
HITS Of The Day
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: He has been one of the prime performers for India in the series against England and today was no exception to it. He bowled brilliantly to bring back India in the hunt. He took 2 crucial wickets today to revive the hopes of his team. He went for 47 runs and took 3 wickets in the innings so far.
- Varun Aaron: This bowler was included for the first time in the playing XI for the fourth test and he did his job pretty well so far. He took 3 wickets in the innings so far and bowled consistently with a tight line and length.
- Joe Root: When English wickets were falling at regular intervals, Root stayed firm at the crease and played sensibly. Despite of the rain interventions, he retained his focus and carried on with his batting perfectly. He remains unbeaten on 48 runs after the day’s play.
FLOPS of The Day
- Pankaj Singh: For yet another time, this man’s performance was disappointing. He did not manage to strike his first wicket in international cricket even today and went for plenty. So far he went for 79 runs and went wicketless.
- Ravindra Jadeja: He bowled some brilliant spells in the series so far but today was not his day. He did not bowl much and in that too, he did not manage to strike some important breakthroughs for the team.
- Moeen Ali: This English batsman, who stunned India with his bowling in the third test, did not manage to perform well today and was dismissed at a score of 13 runs by Aaron. He was deceived by the pace of Aaron and was bowled thus.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.