It was the third ODI between India and Sri Lanka at Hyderabad. Sri Lanka won the toss and opted to bat first. The pitch looked like a batting track but the Sri Lankan batsmen looked disastrous in the field. None of the batsmen except Jayawardene were able to perform well. India replied in a rather strong manner and it was quite a comprehensive victory for them. Here is the list of the HITS and FLOPS of the match.
HITS Of The Match
- Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan middle order batsman once again showed his class today. He played rather too brilliantly and scored a blistering century. Initially, he poised his innings well with Dilshan and built small partnerships after that. He anchored the Sri Lankan innings. He scored a total of 118 runs off 124 deliveries when he was dismissed by Ashwin. He struck 12 fours and a six in his innings.
- Umesh Yadav (India): The speedster of India did bowl incredibly well today. He managed to take 4 wickets and gave India a dominating start right at the beginning. He bagged 4 wickets today and troubled the Sri Lankan batsmen with his deadly pace. He gave away 53 runs in his 9 overs and grabbed wickets.
- Shikhar Dhawan (India): The left handed opener of India is seemed to be get back in flying form in this series. Today, he played a great innings but was unfortunate that he missed his century by a margin of 9 runs. He played really well for his 91 runs off 79 deliveries with 8 fours and a six. He played some classy cover drives today.
- Akshar Patel (India): The left armer is turning to be of really good for India. He bowled in consistent line and length today and bagged 3 crucial wickets for the team. He was economical in the initial overs too and he dismissed Jayawardene. He took 3 wickets in his 10 overs by giving 40 runs.
FLOPS Of The Match
- Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan middle order batsman did not manage to bat well today and was dismissed pretty early in the innings which pushed Sri Lanka into the back foot right from the start. He was dismissed on a 1st ball duck by Umesh Yadav.
- Nuwan Kulasekkara (Sri Lanka): He did not bowl well today. He was economical but he did not brought his team wickets which was required mostly. He gave 37 runs in 8 overs and took only a single wicket.
- Angelo Mathews(Sri Lanka): The Sri Lankan captain did not manage things well and failed comprehensively with the bat and also with the ball too. He looked to adopt to defensive strategies initially which led India to score freely. He scored 10 runs today.
Image Credits: espncricinfo.com
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.