The World Cup Fixtures has been announced today and the World Cup starts from February 14th, 2015. Indian team at present seems to be in a kind of dilemma and the young guns of India have performed incredibly well at the Bangladesh series in which India won by a margin of 2-0, the 3rd ODI being washed out by rain. And from now on, the Indian selectors will have thoughts of the World Cup 2015 in their mind and will select squad for all the upcoming ODI series keeping that in mind. In this article, we have decided to make an assumption of the probable World Cup XI for India in 2015 in Australia-New Zealand. Here is the list:
- Rohit Sharma: This man has been a consistent opener for India for quite sometime now. He and Shikhar Dhawan has formed one of the most reliable opening pair for India off-late and came up with stunning performances in the Champions Trophy last year and also in the India-Australia bilateral series in India in last November.
- Shikhar Dhawan: The left handed opener is running through a bat patch at present but the selectors do have faith in him and he played extremely well for India in 2013. He was the best batsman in the Champions Trophy, 2013. The ODI series in England will be a key for this man and if he fails to deliver there, then Gautam Gambhir or Robin Uthappa might be the replacement for him.
- Virat Kohli: He has been Mr. Consistent for India for the past couple of years. He remained in scoring ways even at times when every other batsman failed to deliver. He was the second fastest player to reach to 5000 runs in ODIs. He will be one of the trump cards of the Indian batting line up and he is feared by even the best bowlers at present.
- Ajinkya Rahane: The name might seem surprising to many but judging by his present performances in domestic cricket including IPL, he might be dependant batsman for India in the World Cup. He is one of the most grammatically correct batsmen in the World Cricket at present. He also scored a fifty in the game against Bangladesh in the 3 match ODI series recently.
- Suresh Raina: He is one of the dependable all-rounders in the Indian team. He can play a blistering cameo and also can play a sensible innings. He comes handy in the middle order and rescued India in many times. He also makes a significant mark in the field and at minimum saves 20 odd runs in the field for his team and has taken some outstanding and unbelievable catches so far. He also has the ability of spinning the ball and can deliver some economical overs.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni(Captain and Wicket Keeper): What can be said about this batsman! He has brought India 2 World Cups so far and also captained the side when they became the runners-up in the T20 World Cup this year. His ability to finish games is well known and he is one of the best finishers in the shorter format of the game. Also, he keeps well. He will be India’s key and it is hoped that he leads India to another World Cup win.
- Ravindra Jadeja: He is equally handy both with the bat and also with the ball. He has been a reliable performer for India and came good with his all-round performances. He is also a stunning fielder. He will be watched keenly in the England series. Stuart Binny can be thought as a back up for him.
- Ravichandran Ashwin: He has been India’s one of the brilliant spinners. He has delivered several great spells for the team and some of them ended as match winning ones. He is though running short of form off-late. Harbhajan Singh can be thought as a replacement for him if he fails in the upcoming matches.
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar: The swinging star for India has emerged as one of the most reliable pacers for India. His ability to swing the ball was even appreciated by Dale Steyn. He has also performed incredibly well in the IPL and he is hoped to be one of the match winning bowlers in the World Cup and the conditions there will suit him to bowl.
- Mohit Sharma: This young talent made a mark in India’s recent series against Bangladesh. He is the purple cap holder of IPL 7. He is a reliable bowler in Dhoni’s team and bowled several good spells. He can be a good option in the World Cup.
- Mohammad Shami: This man has been India’s frontline pacers for quite sometime now. He is a good swinger of the ball and has led the bowling attack of India for the past one year. He is now well experienced in international cricket and his experience will be fruitful for India in the World Cup.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.