Virat Kohli went on to shatter many more records on Day 2 as he went on to score a double century with his bat. During his marathon innings, he created and broke many records which were made in past. We have a look at some of those records that are broken by the Indian captain –
- This is the first double century for Virat Kohli in Test cricket in his 73rd Test innings.
- This is the highest score of Virat Kohli in Test cricket and First class cricket. His previous best score in Test cricket was 169 runs which he scored against Australia in 2014-15 Test series whereas in First class cricket his highest score was 197 runs.
- Virat Kohli now has more than 12000 runs in international cricket. He is the only the eighth Indian batsman to achieve this record.
- Virat Kohli now has eight centuries outside Asia in just 40 Test match innings he has played in international cricket. Sachin Tendulkar tops this list with 18 centuries but he has played 135 innings.
- Virat Kohli aged 27 years and 260 days is the youngest captain to score 200 runs in a Test match in West Indies.
- Virat Kohli with five centuries to his name now holds the record of most overseas centuries by an Indian captain. Mohammed Azharuddin is the joint owner of the record.
- This is the highest score by an Indian captain outside India. Mohammed Azharuddin is the second in the list with the highest score of 192 runs against New Zealand.
- Ashwin now has 7 half centuries to his name. Out f 7 half centuries, 3 have come against West Indies team. He also has 2 centuries against the same opponent.