Bowlers are considered great when they stay in the nick of taking wickets for a prolonged period of time and facing whom batsmen have doubts in their minds. We have seen many pacers as well as spinners who came like a boomerang but vanished soon as they became pretty much predictable. A bowler has class when he manages to surprise batsmen even after he gets predictable. For the past few years, we have seen plenty of bowlers rising up to the mark. So to draw light to the best, here is the list of players with most international wickets since 2009.
1. Saeed Ajmal (442 wickets): It might well seem quite surprising to many as the player who has been BANNED from Cricket today tops the list. But according to statistics, it is a fact that he is the leader of this chart. He has been a brilliant off-spinner and batsmen found it really difficult to play him. He remained successful on most of the occasions. Since 2009 he rarely had 1-2 series where he was not amongst wickets.
2. James Anderson (409 wickets): The speedster from England makes his place into the list. He has been playing for England from 2002 and for the past 5 years he made a huge impact in the team with his deadly bowling. It is grown into a phrase that “Anderson can make the ball walk and talk during English summers in England.” No doubt he is a great swinger of the ball and his varieties in bowling make him much more dangerous.
3. Stuart Broad (396 wickets): Another English pacer makes his place into the list. Broad also possess the ability to swing the ball and the duo of Broad and Anderson in the initial overs support each other’s objectives to a great extent. Broad also had major contributions for England’s Ashes win last year and also on other glories.
4. Dale Steyn (391 wickets): The name itself speaks of aggression and it is of no surprise that the speedster makes his place in the list. He is a quality pacer and throughout the years, he has only improved. Even after he introduced variety in his bowling, his pace did not decrease to the slightest possible extent.
5. Graeme Swann (379 wickets): The English spinner who was considered as a wonder did surprise many with his bowling performances and he was quite brilliant in his performances at the World Cup 2011. Swann retired from International cricket in December, 2013 during the middle of the Ashes series. He was surely one of the best spinners England have ever produced.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.