The year 2015 has gone quite much busy with respect to International Cricket Calendar. There have been a number of bilateral series, triangular series right at the start of the year. Also the World Cup has started from 14th February and is ongoing at the moment which makes the year eventful with respect to Cricket.
In this article, we are to emphasize upon the players with most number of runs in this particular year so far –
1. Kumar Sangakkara, 901 runs: Leading the chart is the prolific left handed batsman from Sri Lanka. He has been in flying form of late. Also, he has played brilliantly in this World Cup and scored 3 back to back centuries so far against Bangladesh, England and Australia respectively. He scored the runs at an average of 90.10 which is equally stunning. This is just the beginning of the year and also, Sri Lanka is yet to play many more matches in this World Cup. So, a good number of runs shall be added to that tally.
2. Kane Williamson, 900 runs: The precious young talent from New Zealand has been in flying form since the past year. He has been in scoring ways in this World Cup too. His match winning innings against Australia recently was truly a memorable one. He scored all his runs at an average of 90.00 which is absolutely brilliant. He is the anchor of the Kiwi batting line up and New Zealand’s prospects in this World Cup depend upon his batting form to a good extent.
3. Hashim Amla, 809 runs: He has been a brilliant and equally consistent opening batsman for South Africa in the recent times. He has scored a good number of runs too for his team. Also, he has struck a knock of 159 runs against Ireland recently in the World Cup. He scored those 809 runs at an average of 101.12
4. AB de Villiers, 715 runs: He has been superb in this year. He has struck the innings of the fastest century in ODIs in just 31 deliveries. He went onto score a total of 149 runs in that match. Also, recently, he scored 162 runs off 66 deliveries against West Indies in this World up. He averages 89.37 in this World Cup.
5. Tillakaratne Dilshan, 688 runs: Dilshan has been superb in this World Cup and was involved in some crucial partnerships with Sangakkara. He averages 68.80 in this year and has been pretty much consistent in this year.
The stats are based till Sri Lanka Vs. Australia match in this World Cup.