World Cup Cricket has been the prime cricketing event in the history of the game. It is the most prestigious Cricketing tournament too. There have been a number of records being made in this tournament. Also, there have been quite a number of players who played brilliantly against some particular teams. So, on that note, in this article, we present you the list of the players who scored the maximum number of runs against some particular teams in the World Cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar, 355 Vs. Kenya: The Master Blaster has been pretty much successful against this nation. Kenya were the Semi Finalists in the World Cup 2003. Sachin had been brilliant against the Kenyans in all the World Cup games and he has also scored centuries against them.
- Scott Styris, 352 Vs. Sri Lanka: Styris was one of the reliable middle order batsmen of the Kiwis for a prolonged period of time. He has been a brilliant all-rounder. New Zealand has not been much of a successful team when it comes to World Cup. Yet, they were one of the semi finalists in 2011. Styris was pretty much successful against Sri Lanka.
- Sachin Tendulkar, 319 Vs. Sri Lanka: The Master Blaster was simply ecstatic against the Lankans in the World Cup. Though he failed to make an impact in the last match he played against Sri Lanka, i.e. the 2011 World Cup final, yet he was pretty much consistent against them.
- Sachin Tendulkar, 313 Vs. Pakistan: Sachin was sensational in almost all the matches against Pakistan at World Cup. His scored 98 runs against Pakistan in 2003 World Cup to take India to victory. Also, he smashed 85 runs in 2011 World Cup. He holds major contribution in India’s unbeaten record against Pakistan in World Cup tournament.
- Adam Gilchrist, 300 Vs. Sri Lanka: The former wicket keeper batsman of Australia was a brilliant opening batsman. He smashed a brilliant knock of 149 runs off 104 balls in the final of 2007 World Cup against Sri Lanka to bring them a comfortable victory.