History will be created when India lock horns against West Indies in the first of the two-match T20I series in Florida, USA on Saturday. The first international cricket match on American soil is set to draw plenty of spectators as some of the biggest stars of the game will play the match. After winning the Test series 2-0, India would like to carry the momentum into the shortest format, and take revenge of their ICC World T20 2016 semi-final loss against West Indies.
Meanwhile, the series will also be an opportunity for some players from both the teams to break some records and also improve their records. Here is a list of that.
- While Chris Gayle is unarguably one of the greatest batsmen in this format, his record against India is not impressive. The Jamaican, who has terrorised the bowlers all around the world, has scored with an strike rate of only 119 in the last few matches against the Indian team.
- One of the best players in the limited overs cricket, MS Dhoni’s highest score in T20 this year is only 30. This is the lowest score in a T20 innings for the Indian skipper in a calendar year.
- So far Chris Gayle has hit 98 sixes in T20I and two more sixes will make him the first player to achieve the milestone of 100 sixes in T20I.
- If Rohit Sharma hits four more sixes, he will become the second Indian player after Yuvraj Singh to hit 50 or more sixes in T20I.
- If India manages to win one match in this series, then it will become the third most successful team in this format. With 60 wins Pakistan leads the list.
- Jasprit Bumrah can break Dirk Nannes’ record of most wickets in a calendar year if he takes four more wickets. The former Australian pacer holds the record with 27 wickets and Bumrah trails him by 3 wickets.
- 3 more stumpings will take MS Dhoni to the second position in the list of most stumping in T20I.
- One more wicket by Dwayne Bravo will make him the first bowler from his country to take 50 or more wickets in this format.
- So far Ashwin has taken 21 wickets and 5 more wickets will make him the spinner with most dismissals in a calendar year.