Well this is really a big one for the captain of Mumbai Indians, Rohit Sharma as with his innings played against KKR, he has joined 5000 (runs) club scored in T-20.
Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma achieved this in the 8th ongoing edition of IPL against Kolkata Knight Riders in Mumbai on Thursday. Although he did not really play a big innings but this individual accomplishment of Rohit, achieved during this match will certainly boost his morale.
With this particular landmark of achieving 5,000 runs in T-20 cricket, he has become the second Indian (the other being Suresh Raina with 5419 runs) and the world’s 10th player to achieve this feat.
Rohit Sharma scored 30 against KKR and with a total of 5019 runs scored in the T-20 he has got the average of 32.59 runs in 199 matches. Incidentally, this total includes his 2 centuries and 33 fifties, scored through 415 fours and 210 sixes by Rohit Sharma.
Here is the list of 10 cricketers scoring 5000 plus runs in T20 Cricket –
1. Chris Gayle (7362 runs in 205 matches)
2. Brad Hodge (6363 runs in 233 matches)
3. Brendon McCullum (6000 runs in 201 matches)
4. David Hussey (5822 runs in 248 matches)
5. David Warner (5773 runs in 192 matches)
6. Suresh Raina (5419 runs in 199 matches)
7. Kieron Pollard (5340 runs in 278 matches)
8. Dwayne Smith (5142 runs in 225 matches)
9. Owais Shah (5096 runs in 213 matches)
10. Rohit Sharma (5019 runs in 199 matches)