Wimbledon is one of the most famous and prestigious grand slam where most of the sports persons and celebrities makes their presence most frequently to catch some Tennis action. This year wasn’t any different as many players graced the wonderful occasion and made Wimbledon even more popular.
Let’s look at the sports persons who graced the occasion :
1. Sir Alex Ferguson – Former Manchester United manager
2. Thierry Henry – Former Arsenal, Barcelona and France football legend
3. Robert Pires – France and Arsenal footballer
4. Bjorn Borg – Former 5 time Wimbledon champion
5. Sachin Tendulkar – Former Indian cricket legend
6. Virat Kohli – Current Indian batting star
7. David Beckham – Former Manchester United, Real Madrid and England footballer
8. Sourav Ganguly – Former Indian cricket captain
9. Bastian Schweinsteiger – German football captain and Manchester United Midfielder
10. David De Gea, Juan Mata and Ander Herera – Manchester United and Spain footballers
Lewis Hamilton was barred from entering the Royal Box during the Wimbledon final on Sunday because he was not wearing a jacket and tie. Despite receiving an invitation to watch the men’s singles final from the Royal Box, the Formula One champion missed the match owing to an “unfortunate misunderstanding regarding the dress code at Wimbledon”, according to his spokesman.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.