India defeated Sri Lanka by 169 runs in the 1st of the five-match ODI series yesterday. Indians outplayed them in every department and Sri Lanka, even after winning the toss were also not able to take advantage of the dew in the evening. During the match, some important records were created. So, let’s take a look at some of the statistical highlights that need to be taken into consideration:
1. Suresh Raina became the 11th Indian Batsmen to get past 5000 ODI runs.
3. (169 runs) India’s second-largest margin of victory for India against Sri Lanka. The first one came in the ICC World Cup 2003, where India thrashed them by 183 runs.
5. Ajinkya Rahane scored his 2nd ODI century yesterday. India has won the both the ODIs in which he has scored a century.
6. India registered its 3rd highest ODI total against Sri Lanka (363/5). Their highest total was (414/7) at Rajkot in December 2009 and the second highest was (373/6) in the ICC World Cup 1999.
7. This was the 6th time when both the Indian openers scored a century in the same match.
8. This was the 1st time when Ishant Sharma, Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav played an ODI together for India.
9. Suraj Randiv conceded 78 runs in this match, the most by him in ODIs. His previous highest was against India only, where he gave away 57 runs.
10. India created history by registering the highest total at (363/5). The previous best was (301/3) by India against Zimbabwe in 1998.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.