In the Test match at Lord’s where Australia won the match by 405 runs , Steve Smith has regained his number 1 spot in the latest ICC Test batsmen rankings. Steve Smith scored a brilliant 215 in first innings and 50 in the second. In the second place South Africa AB de Villiers in there that is not playing the Test series against Bangladesh which started today.
Hashim Amla will be looking to climb up the rankings in the Test matches against Bangladesh. He is at number 3 with 891 points. The 4th place it belongs to Kumar Sangakara who will be playing the final Test series against India in August and will look to end his cricketing carrier with a bang. In the 5th place is Angelo Mathews who had a decent series against Pakistan but need to be more consistent as the team will depend on him after Sangakra retirement.
After a poor performance at Lord’s Joe Root has slipped to 6th place. Joe Root scored 1 and 17 in the second Test match. In the 7th place Younis Khan is there after a great performance in the final Test match against Sri Lanka where he scored a brilliant 171 chasing a huge 4th innings total.
In the 8th place Kane Williamson has been in good form and will be looking to continue his form in upcoming months. After a very good Test match for Australia in the second Chris Rogers has jumped to the 9th place. He scored 175 and 49 in the test match. In the 10th place his opening partner David Warner is there with good contribution in the second Test match.
Here we look top 10 ICC Test batsman rankings:
1. Steve Smith (Australia) – 936 points
2. AB DE Villers (South Africa) – 908 points
3. Hashim Amla (South Africa) – 891 points
4. Kumar Sangakara (Sri Lanka) – 874 points
5. Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka) – 860 points
6. Joe Root (England) – 850 points
7. Younis Khan (Pakistan) – 829 points
8. Kane Willamson (New Zealand) – 813 points
9. Chris Rogers (Australia) – 793 points
10. David Warner (Australia) –764 points
*The rankings are updated as of 20th July, 2015