Yuvraj Singh has made a handsome and ravishing comeback with a brawling half-century in the last match against the phlegmatic Australia on Sunday and led the team India to register a victory over the Aussie by 73 run in Dhaka. India has had its fourth successive win and held the prior position group two of the Super-10s and they are up to sniff the semifinals.
India has punched the clock to meet the team from the other group on Friday to get the position in the final.
Though he could not begin the competition with a bang, he could scroll only 1 and 10 against Pakistan and West Indies respectively in the first two matches. However, this time he put in motion a stunning countermove with five boundaries and four sixes. He got 60 off 42 ball.
India got its second biggest win with respect to runs in Twenty20 internationals. The biggest win was against England at Colombo on September 23, 2012.
India has registered successive victories at the World Twenty20 between September 30, 2012 and March 30, 2014, following the examples of their best winning pecking order between September 19, 2007 and June 10, 2009. On the contrary, Australia scrolled 86 which is their second lowest at the World Twenty20; they did the lowest that is 79 against England at Southampton on June 13, 2005. Australia only registered less than 100 that are 89 against Pakistan in Dubai On September 5, 2012.
There are some achievements which Yuvraj incorporated in the last innings:
- Yuvraj registered a handsome record against Australia in T20Is with an aggregate of 247 (avg. 61.75) in six innings which includes three half-centuries.
- He is the top scorer against Australia in Twenty20 internationals, eradicating Gautam Gambhir‘s tally of 198 (avg.33.00) in seven innings.
- He is the first batsman who scored three fifties against Australia in Twenty20 internationals His other two fifties being 77 not out off 35 balls at Rajkot on October 10, 2013 and 70 off 30 balls at Durban on September 22, 2007.
- Yuvraj’s 60 off 43 balls are his highest score in T20Is in Bangladesh.
- Yuvraj Singh, with 939 runs (ave.32.37) in 38 games, is the leading run-getter for India in T20Is, obliterating Gambhir’s tally of 932 (ave.27.41) in 37 matches.
- Yuvraj’s tally of eight fifties is a record by an Indian batsman in T20Is, surpassing the seven each scored by Gambhir and Rohit Sharma.
- Yuvraj took his sixes’ tally to 63 – the most by an Indian batsman in Twenty20.
Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.