Liverpool are all set to make their first big money signing under Jurgen Klopp as it was reported earlier that club chief executive Ian Ayre has flown down to Miami to finalize a deal for the 26 –year old Brazilian attacker Alex Teixeira.
Teixeira who plays for Shaktar Donetsk at the moment is on the verge of completing a move to the Premier League with Chelsea also reportedly in the race for his signature.
But what makes this Brazilian attacker one of the most sought out players in Europe? Here are 10 things you probably did not know about Alex Teixeira:
1. Alex Teixeira is an attacking mid-fielder who loves to go forward and has a great eye for goal. He has scored a stunning 22 goals in 15 league appearances for the Ukrainian outfit this season.
2. He is the latest player from the land of football, Brazil to make a name for himself in Eastern Europe. He was snapped up by Donetsk in 2010 form Vasco da Gama a club in Brazil.
3. Though Teixeira has scored a ridiculous number of goals this season, he is yet to be a part of the Brazil squad and has not yet got a senior appearance for his country.
4. However, he has played loads of games at the Under-20 level for the country earlier in his career.
5. Alex Teixeira made his senior debut for Vasco da Gama at a tender age of 18 and tasted defeat in his first game.
6. The going got tough for the 26 year old as he and his club were relegated in his first season at Vasco da Gama.
7. But the spirited Teixeira helped his boyhood club to fight back and bought them once again back to the top flight in 2010 before packing his bags for a move away from the club.
8. The Brazilian hopefully has plenty of space in trophy cabinet as at 26, he has won a number of trophies with Shakhtar Donetsk. He has 12 titles to his name in Ukraine that includes 5 league titles in his time at the club.
9. Shakhtar’s money bag president Rinat Akhmetov is refusing to sell his star player and highest goal scorer this January. A source close to the club revealed that Shakhtar are a club who loves to hold onto their talent and that they will not let a move away from the club happen atleast in this window.
10. Alex Teixeira however, only dreams of playing for the National team and becoming a regular for Brazil. In an interview earlier, Teixeira said, “I want to be a part of the Brazil National Team, so I may have to switch clubs”.
Do you think Alex Teixeira can change the goal scoring woes of the Red of Merseyside?