Son Heung Min has been one of the best summer signings this season and that would be acknowledged by some quarters of Arsenal fans as well. Gunners had their chance to sign the South Korean star but manager Arsene Wenger blew the chance with his indecisive transfer strategies.
According to the agent, who scouted Son Min for Arsenal claimed that Gunners had scouted the South Korean almost 30 times and had Wenger not intervened, he would have signed for Arsenal instead of Tottenham. Speaking with Theboyhotspur.com, agent said:
Scout said: “Arsenal watched Son almost 30 times last season, with all the scouts in agreement that the player would be a fantastic addition.”
“It’s Arsene [Wenger],” the scout said. “He’s so indecisive it’s frightening. We had [Morgan] Schneiderlin done and dusted last January and, by the summer, the gaffer had changed his mind. Son was 100 per cent perfect for us.”
This was the Arsenal scout report on Son Heung Min, take a look:
* Scares the life out of defences. Feet are scarily quick, can turn in any direction.
* Keeps his shape, good discipline, counters quickly, carries the ball a long way up the pitch, aware of team-mates in better positions.
* Scores goals from great positions in the box that others don’t take up (Ljungberg). Hard to pick up and track.
* Fit, doesn’t stop working.
* Different to anything that we have in the building.
* CAN PLAY FOR US ALL DAY LONG!!
Now that the South Korean is playing well at Spurs, Arsenal fans can only look away in disbelief and think what if their manager had other ideas about signing the talented playmaker.