Manchester United’s star Chris Smalling and his family evaded a near unfortunate incidence last night as the HOT TUB of his house caught fire.

It was reported that the Firefighters had to be called to deal with the fire which was caused by an electrical fault. The incidence took place in the back garden.

Fortunately, Smalling was not at home when the incident occurred as he narrowly escaped what could have been a nasty situation.

One of the spokesperson for the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue services said: “Just after 8pm on Tuesday, May 12, 2015, a crew from Altrincham Fire Station attended a house in Altrincham after reports of a fire in a back garden.”

Stuart France continued: “Police were in the area when they spotted smoke and reported a fire to our control centre.

“When we arrived it was quite a large fire involving a whirlpool bath and decking, which could have easily become something more serious.

“The police officers who were at the scene used a garden hose on the fire and when we arrived we extinguished it using a hose reel. The most likely cause was an accidental electrical fault.”

Get all the news and other interesting details about the upcoming T20 tri-series (Nidahas Trophy) featuring India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Follow an download IPL 2018 schedule. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay connected with all the news related to the league. Also, check live score and you can subsequently download the Sportzwiki cricket app for Android to stay updated.

  • SHARE
    A sports enthusiast. A keen follower of Football, Cricket, Darts, Tennis & F1. Biggest passion is Manchester United. Love to express views on the game of football.

    Read More